HELP - Britax regent cover reattachment?

ZacsMom

I took my son's britax regent cover off to hand wash it and don't remember where i unhooked the little clasps/hooks from that hold the seat cover back on (at the sides near the latches)?????? I have looked all in that area and I cannot (for the life of me) see anything that these little hooks would hook back up to.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

ADS

ZacsMom

Well, we're still looking. I cannot see anything. I have no idea... I remember specifically unhooking it from something when i took the cover off... this is driving me bonkers.:rolleyes:

keri1292

Sorry this is so huge, but I wanted you to be able to see how it attaches. The end without the hook comes through the outer side of the metal buckle, then clip the hook to it.

Last edited:

ZacsMom

Than k you, I appreciate you taking that pic. We have the bar installed in that spot (forgot the name of it) so my husband ended up wrapping it around the bar and hooking it to its own elastic. Seems to b e easier to take off and on like that. That shouldnt matter as far as the safety of the seat since it's just how the cover is hooked on, right??
It seemed like the only other way was to clip it to the buckle which seemed a bit tricky to get it hooked and unhooked... i wasn't sure what you meant by the end w/out the hook as the only other end is sewn into the seat itself. Hmm not sure if i'm making sense.
thanks again though!:eek:

keri1292

There are two parts to the elastic, one with the hook and one is a continuous loop. One is on the underside of the cover near the opening. You follow the harness through the opening where the buckle is, pass it through the outside of the buckle (where the outline is). Then, connect the loop to the hook, KWIM? The recline bar will be coming out of the other hole. :)
husky016edit.jpg

ZacsMom

Wow, either I am an idiot or I am missing the continuous loop" that you speak of (maybe lost it somehow when I unhooked it to remove it??) I remember unhooking it from something other tahn the buckle itself.
Now, when I try to do it the way you show me, it seems to pull the buckle out of its place.. light its too tight. I'm goign to try to attatch a photo to show you with it hooked up the way I'm tryin to and one w/it unhooked,.

Thank you again for your help. :eek:
S2400124.jpg

S2400125-1.jpg

ZacsMom

OH WAIT A MINUTE! I Think I know exactly what you are talking about now.... it just hit me. There is another part of an elastic loop under the cover that I didn't know what to do with!! Yes, apparently I am an idiot!! Sorry, this should work, thank you so jmuch!:eek:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
OH WAIT A MINUTE! I Think I know exactly what you are talking about now.... it just hit me. There is another part of an elastic loop under the cover that I didn't know what to do with!! Yes, apparently I am an idiot!! Sorry, this should work, thank you so jmuch!:eek:

I am glad you found the other loop ;)

keri1292

Yay! It's so hard to communicate online. I want to reach through the screen and show you what I meant, but alas, I had to find the words. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC