having a hard time putting infant in next fit

featherhead

I would definitely try to recline it more! Right now I'm pretty sure it's at the most upright allowed for rear-facing. For a new baby you need it the most reclined allowed.when installing, try pushing down where baby's bum goes, instead of where his feet go.

ADS

Jessica61624

I would definitely try to recline it more! Right now I'm pretty sure it's at the most upright allowed for rear-facing. For a new baby you need it the most reclined allowed.when installing, try pushing down where baby's bum goes, instead of where his feet go.

The bubble is almost to the full reclined area.

Jessica61624

The gap is ok if he doesn't slouch down. If he does roll a wash cloth and put it between him and the buckle in a U shape. I did notice his straps are a little loose. Especially around the hips. YouTube isn't working on my device right now but I think this is the right video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzPZfba4ys"]How to Buckle a Baby into a Car Seat with a 5-Point Harness - YouTube[/ame]

melli

Omg I've been putting those straps over his upper thighs. Had no clue they go around his hips. Thanks for the helpful vid

melli

The strap covers go on his shoulders.[/QUOTE
I push the shoulder pads against the back of his seat when I place them on top of his shoulders.

Btw how far back should the straps go down behind his back? An inch or less? I have the head part pushed all the way down and the straps behind his back is about an inch or less past his shoulder

jess71903

Ambassador
The straps go at or below his shoulders. Basically, you don't move them up until he is even with the next slot up. There is technically not a "too low".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC