Harmony Baby Armor Booster Review *Pic Heavy*

firemomof3

I ordered the Baby Armor Booster from walmart.com $80 just out of curiosity :eek: My first impression was cheap cover & lightweight. It turns into a backless booster quickly & easily, the cover came off easily but I couldn't get it back on :mad:
harmonybooster001.jpg

harmonybooster002.jpg

Fully extended
harmonybooster007.jpg

harmonybooster009.jpg

50lb. 5y/o *I have her mothers permission to post this pic*
harmonybooster010.jpg

The belt guides are verticle vs. horizontal which I found strange and not user-friendly. The seat belt was about to slip out of the belt guide:
harmonybooster014.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you read the Transport Canada crash test summaries? There were several types of belt guides tested. These resemble the kind on the 3-in-1 boosters and such-- which in crash tests allowed the dummies to roll right out of the shoulder belt... Though some of that was due to poor positioning, and I'm not sure how positioning is on most kids with this booster, there were also problems noted with "open" belt paths allowing belts to just slide right out.

firemomof3

I was very surprised at the belt guides, they don't make any sense to me :confused:
You can see in the picture, the seat belt does not rest nicely "in" the belt guide, it almost "pops" out.
Ya, scary!
As a backless I think its great :thumbsup: But I really think they dropped the ball big time with the full-back :thumbsdown:
Also, it seems very shallow to me, like it doesn't "hug" the child. You can see in this pic. my 6y/o wasn't able to nestle down into the seat like she does in her Frontier:
harmonybooster013.jpg

courtfrog2

Thanks. I did not see that. I actually thought you all were talking about the belt path on the hips... that looked fine to me. Looking at the shoulder part I can see why that wouldn't be good. Thanks for the clarification.

christineka

So, I should move my ds' vivo to a different seat in the van? The belt comes out of the guide all the time. I'm going to try the monterey in that middle seat. The belt guide is hard to get the belt out of.

Have you read the Transport Canada crash test summaries? There were several types of belt guides tested. These resemble the kind on the 3-in-1 boosters and such-- which in crash tests allowed the dummies to roll right out of the shoulder belt... Though some of that was due to poor positioning, and I'm not sure how positioning is on most kids with this booster, there were also problems noted with "open" belt paths allowing belts to just slide right out.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So, I should move my ds' vivo to a different seat in the van? The belt comes out of the guide all the time. I'm going to try the monterey in that middle seat. The belt guide is hard to get the belt out of.

I would advise you to read the summaries and the evaluation posted, and the specific concerns they raised, and decide whether that problem applies to you and you feel that it means the fit is not appropriate and a different seat or booster should be used.

christineka

I switched the boosters around, placing the monterey on the middle seat. It is thinner than the others and the seatbelt comes out of the seat, placing the seatbelt in a bad position for staying in the vivo's belt guide. The side seat and belt are fine for the vivo. Now I have a really good reason to keep the monterey;)

steph_s

I just asked about this seat the other day which was the reason I came back to this board after being gone for so long. Anyways I'm sooo glad I got the Pkwy SG instead! I thought the seat looked good online, but I can see now it isn't so great. If the belt guides weren't so weird I would say it might be ok for smaller booster riders that are tall and thin and like to be hugged more (my friends dd has a sensory issue and it was a nightmare to find her a seat that worked well) but those belt guides. They make such a nice no back booster seat though. O well just another reason why some manufacturers should just stick to what they know and do best one style of seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC