growth spurt in torso.....question and vent!!!

Amaris

When we got the regent for Michael in Jan. he was on the second slots from the bottom, but barely. About 2 weeks later he moved up to the second from the top slots. This morning I was putting him in the seat to go to school and now he's almost even with those......which means moving him to the top slots! How long does a growth spurt last when it's mostly torso??? He doesn't seem to be sitting any differently in the seat. At this rate (hopefully he slows down) he will outgrow the regent in a year! Please tell me it stops! He's always been mostly legs, and he's one of the only kids I've heard of to make it to almost 48 inches in the marathon before being too tall, so this long torso thing is new to me!!

ADS

Kellyr2

I'd expect him to slow down now. He's pretty tall though!
Aaric has been in his Husky for around 18 mo. He's exactly even with the 3rd ones up, and has gained 8 lbs in 5 months, but hasn't gotten any taller, so I'm just holding my breath. I just know he's going to shoot up and suddenly be almost ready to outgrow it. Which, granted, WOULD make my upcoming carseat shopping easier, if he had no choice but a booster anymore. (Mikayla could just go in the Husky and I wouldn't need to buy anything new other than a spare booster for her)

trailrunnermom

Just to be sure, are you checking using the harness slots in the molded shell, rather than going by how it looks on the cover? If so, wow! Your DS really had a growth spurt! Hopefully he'll slow down and it will take him a while to hit the top slots! :)

Amaris

Yep, I looked at the holes in the seat, but I'm going by the bottom of them, if that makes sense! If you've seen the holes in the regent you know what mean!!

Erika Ruth

My 39" 3.5 year old girl is on the TOP slots of her Marathon. I am also praying for a torso slowdown. (She has 1/2 inch left).

We'll see... (We'll have to go to a SafeGuard or the new Recaro...)
Erika

scatterbunny

He's really growing FAST in the torso, isn't he? :eek:

It took my TALL girl over 2 years to go from barely needing the second-to-top slots to needing the very top slots. She was in the second-to-bottom set of slots when she was 2.5 and 38 inches tall. She moved up to the second-to-top slots at about 3 years, 4 months and 42 inches tall. She's almost 49 inches tall now and just moved up to the top slots.

arly1983

Jenny, looks like my Jackson is going to be right up there with your Hayley. At 27 months, we are on the second from bottom slots in the regent and have .5 ins to go in the Marathon.

Jackson's 18 year old cousin is 6'7 and going to play for the University of Maryland with a full scholarship (WOO HOO, I had to say that)

The doctor is estimating that Jackson is going to be in the neighborhood of 6'5 ir 6'6 himself....

SO what are the odds Jackson with outgrow the regent before it expires??

scatterbunny

It COULD happen, I suppose! If he's longer-torsoed than Hayley, and his growth doesn't slow down like her's has this past year, it could happen. We got her Husky at 2.5, I think she'll outgrow it right around her 8th birthday, maybe a bit later if we're lucky.

Hopefully he'll fit in it like she does, right up until expiration.

I was freaked out when I needed to move the harness up to the second-to-top slots not long after her 3rd birthday, but I'm pleased with how long she stayed in that set of slots. 2.5 years!

Amaris

It's good to know this shouldn't last too long. He's always been very tall for his age, but it's always been mostly legs! I guess his torso has finally decided to play catch up. As a consolation I can pass the regent down if he outgrows, but I wanted him in it until at least 8 years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC