Graco Nautilus - Breakers

oddduck

Graco Nautilus - Breakers is on sale at TRU (199.99). http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4438466

I really REALLY would like to get my DD1 out of the MA and into something else. She's not a big girl (still on the 2nd from top slot on the MA), but it's getting tight in the shoulders and I keep pinching her legs when buckling it up. On top of that DD2 is awfully heavy in her bucket and so RFing the MA again would be nice.

Anyone have a girl in this cover? How serious is the head slump issue?

FTR - Maestros are on sale too.
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=10886785

I wonder if she'd like that...:whistle:

ADS

Lea_Ontario

Our Nauti is a lighter colour. I don't see any problem with putting a girl in it though.

We don't typically see any significant head slump either, no more than with many other seats we've tried at least.

mommycat

Ooh, I like the black. Ours are the fuzzy mousey grey and one of the other darkey grey ones. I don't see an issue with using a neutral colour for a girl - it will never clash with her clothes! :)

Which MA cover do you have?

We did see headslump in the Nauti installed in the Civic, DS fell asleep and looked so uncomfortable. I can't remember if we had it installed with the recline or not - I just swapped it into the other vehicle that he doesn't sleep in. I do think it may depend on the vehicle you are installing in though. Other than that, I really like using that seat. :)

JVH

My DS is currently in this exact seat & we haven't had an issue at all with his head slumping (yet) ! I have it in a Dodge Journey and it's a fantastic seat! My only issue is that it isn't as easy to instal as our Britax seats b/c the latches are the 'old school' ones and are a little harder on the hands! That being said; that would be my only complaint about the seat. We bought ours for 199.99 and I think it's a fantastic seat! It will last him a few more years forsure! :)

ninejr

We love nauti. We have had some head slump, if we have it reclined it is usually fine but if for some reason it is not reclined then she does have more slump.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Dd never had head slump, ds is using it now and has had some head slump, but it's improved since he first started riding in it - I think he just learned to lean his head against the headrest when he felt sleepy. He's never complained and I love the nautilus. It's such an easy to use seat that lasts so long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC