Give my kid a boost into the backseat.

New2kids

How does your kid climb into/out of your full size SUV?

My kid is very independent, and she wants to be able to get in/out of my 2016 Cadillac Escalade, my car is already pretty high for my little one, plus her booster seat adds quite a bit more height, Even the running boards are a little too high for her to climb up onto.

In my opinion, I feel like they are just another obstacle for her, But at least they give her some sort of way to get in, not really a good oneBut at least they give her some sort of way to get in, she still struggles quite a bit. but if I remove them, it will make it even more difficult for her to climb in.

How does your small kid climb into/Exit the cabin of a full-size SUV by themselves?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They mostly just hoist themselves up.

If your child is having trouble, you could keep a lightweight plastic stool in the trunk for that purpose.

New2kids

They mostly just hoist themselves up.

If your child is having trouble, you could keep a lightweight plastic stool in the trunk for that purpose.
That is a good idea, however she can’t even reach the button to open the trunk. Plus even if she could, this would take away longer than me just lifting her up into her booster seat. When she gets in, I will open the door for her and she will hoist herself up onto the running board, then she has to again hoist herself up onto the floorboard. From there she has to climb up into her booster. Then I will buckle her in. It may not seem like it, but a booster or car seat that’s quite a bit of height to a chair, especially for a child.

She takes a while to climb in from the ground into the seat. Is there a way she can get in quickly and independently? I feel like having to get a stepstool every time would get old pretty quick, is there a better long-term solution that she can do herself?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I meant you can just fetch the stool.

Most kids just eventually learn to pull themselves up with their arms/abdominal muscles- rather like climbing out of a pool. It takes practice but kids who are motivated seem to manage it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC