Foonf recline? *pics* in Equinox vs. Chaperone

Lnp838

Here are some pics of our Foonf install for 5 month old twins. This is in a '10 Chevy Equinox. Via a clek rep, our boys are large enough and can hold their heads up well enough, but my son is a bit slumped. If I am reading my manual correctly I think the seat may need to be reclined a bit more? (to be honest - abubble level indicator would be MUCH more helpful!!!)

Please tell me I'm not going to have to use a pool noodle until 1 year with a $500 seat. :thumbsdown::banginghead:

2ypeu5i.jpg

70hsah.jpg

seat position with Foonf vs. Chaperone
169hnas.jpg

vpxqh2.jpg

2z8rt6g.jpg

2rz9el1.jpg

I am holding the phone level to the ground here. Does this mean we need more recline?
23wqnu9.jpg

ADS

featherhead

Here are some pics of our Foonf install for 5 month old twins. This is in a '10 Chevy Equinox. Via a clek rep, our boys are large enough and can hold their heads up well enough, but my son is a bit slumped. If I am reading my manual correctly I think the seat may need to be reclined a bit more? (to be honest - abubble level indicator would be MUCH more helpful!!!)

Please tell me I'm not going to have to use a pool noodle until 1 year with a $500 seat. :thumbsdown::banginghead:

I am holding the phone level to the ground here. Does this mean we need more recline?

I don't see the phone... Is the seat as reclined as possible according to the indicators? It's hard to tell from a pic.
Are you allowed to use pool noodles with the Foonf? I don't think I've encountered it before, so I'm not sure.
Can you use the infant carriers for another few months till they are ok with a more upright angle?

Lnp838

I don't see the phone... Is the seat as reclined as possible according to the indicators? It's hard to tell from a pic.
Are you allowed to use pool noodles with the Foonf? I don't think I've encountered it before, so I'm not sure.
Can you use the infant carriers for another few months till they are ok with a more upright angle?

sorry i guess i should clarify...the phone is my camera :p So my camera is level to the ground. Yes, the seat is in recline position 3 which is the most reclined. The manual says pool noodles if its not reclined enough, but like you said I'd just assume wait. Im just afraid that the seat recline is only acceptable for 1 year + so I'm afraid it could be a long wait...

featherhead

sorry i guess i should clarify...the phone is my camera :p So my camera is level to the ground. Yes, the seat is in recline position 3 which is the most reclined. The manual says pool noodles if its not reclined enough, but like you said I'd just assume wait. Im just afraid that the seat recline is only acceptable for 1 year + so I'm afraid it could be a long wait...

LOL, Just as I was reading it this last time I realized what you meant! Do you have a level indicator on your phone? I would test it against the line to make sure, but if that photo is accurate, looks like you can recline more. So yeah, if you don't want to deal with noodles, then I guess you'll have to wait :)

nannykates

You could try to reinstall pushing on the butt part of the seat rather than the feet part to get a few more in recline. I also think a bit longer in the infant seats might be just the thing. You can leave them in the car and not use them as carriers as I'm sure they are getting heavy!

Clek CPST

Are you able to take a picture of your little guy from the front? Is the headrest in the lowest position already?

Looking at the angle indicator, you can definitely increase the recline of the seat further. I would suggest loosening the install, then trying to slide the foot of the seat closer toward the vehicle seat back. Initially this will probably result in the anti-rebound bar being in contact near the lower seat back but not in contact on the upper portion of the vehicle seat back, and you may also initially have the edge of the base closest to the vehicle seat back slightly off the vehicle seat, but when you tighten it up, the anti-rebound bar should get snugged in to the vehicle seat back and the bottom of the carseat should also snug down and touch.

Also, if you are able to get in behind the carseat and reach over top when tightening, that will help with getting more recline.

I would see if you can get it more reclined using that method first before trying something like pool noodles or a towel.

The only other thing I'm wondering, is if your little guy is more just trying to look forward. Generally when we worry about heads falling forward it is the free-falling chin-to-chest that we worry about. Your little guy's head doesn't look like it's falling forward in the way that we worry about so far as breathing goes.

Have you tried his twin in the seat to compare how his twin sits?

Yes, it is acceptable to use pool noodles or towels to achieve an acceptable recline if needed. :)

Clek CPST

You're within the range that I'd have no concerns using it for them now if they're comfortable in it. It also wouldn't hurt to recline it more if you wanted to - but you don't have to.

I'll have a better idea about their fit when I can see them from a different angle. :)

Lnp838

You're within the range that I'd have no concerns using it for them now if they're comfortable in it. It also wouldn't hurt to recline it more if you wanted to - but you don't have to.

I'll have a better idea about their fit when I can see them from a different angle. :)

ok thank you! I will definitely try reinstalling that way. And its more of a comfort concern than a breathing concern - I dont think he was THAT slumped. Yes, the headrest is in the lowest position. So it may be a good idea to wait another month or o and see if maybe getting a little taler puts his head at a better spot in the headrest.

I didn't try it on brother yet. He is a little taller so maybe it will fit him better for now.

Lnp838

You could try to reinstall pushing on the butt part of the seat rather than the feet part to get a few more in recline. I also think a bit longer in the infant seats might be just the thing. You can leave them in the car and not use them as carriers as I'm sure they are getting heavy!

Yep they are heavy! We have been leaving them in the car for a little over 2 weeks now and the Foonfs arrived just before then so I've been hoping they would fit well :) I do think I might give it a little more time either way (even if I get a more reclined reinstall). They still have a slot left in the chaperones and they are working fine...well see!

Clek CPST

ok thank you! I will definitely try reinstalling that way. And its more of a comfort concern than a breathing concern - I dont think he was THAT slumped. Yes, the headrest is in the lowest position. So it may be a good idea to wait another month or o and see if maybe getting a little taler puts his head at a better spot in the headrest.

I didn't try it on brother yet. He is a little taller so maybe it will fit him better for now.

Let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Wildout

So if I'm looking at the pictures correctly, you actually have more room up front with the foonf compared to the chaperone?

Just want to make sure, since I'd be following the same path, except I have a B-Safe & want a Foonf.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC