flex loc question

ADS

dhardawa

Max's seat was the same type of material but a different color. It was slicky, but not plasticy at all. It reminded me of the center of an Onyx cover. I didn't have any sweating problems. I had moved him out of the Companion due to sweat and the Latch-Loc was perfect.

Jordynsmama

Re: flex loc question(added a question)

I went to target today and the grey mist flex loc is very hard-it's like there is no padding at all and I dont like it-
Are the other fabrics better????

Last edited:

keri1292

Hey, did I miss the news?

The other bambino is a girl??? I was right! Congratulations! x Two!

I bet Jordyn is thrilled. ;)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor

The grey mist flex loc is very hard-it's like there is no padding at all and I dont like it-
Are the other fabrics better????

I have seen the BT Flex loc in several different color cover options all the same feel and lack padding in my opinion. I worked with a family that were taking home their twin boys on Thursday. They were born at 33wks and were not 6wks old and 6lbs 1oz & 6lbs 11oz. The flex loc did not fit them good at all. We had to put a rolled up wash cloth between the crotch buckle and the straps were pretty high above their shoulders on the lowest setting. Plus they are a PITA to install.

Since your having twins and run the risk of early delivery with smaller babies. I would look for infant carriers like the KeyFit that fit small babies the better. While I am not a huge fan of Evenflo infant seats but the Evenflo Embrace fits tiny babies great too.

Jordynsmama

I have seen the BT Flex loc in several different color cover options all the same feel and lack padding in my opinion. I worked with a family that were taking home their twin boys on Thursday. They were born at 33wks and were not 6wks old and 6lbs 1oz & 6lbs 11oz. The flex loc did not fit them good at all. We had to put a rolled up wash cloth between the crotch buckle and the straps were pretty high above their shoulders on the lowest setting. Plus they are a PITA to install.

Since your having twins and run the risk of early delivery with smaller babies. I would look for infant carriers like the KeyFit that fit small babies the better. While I am not a huge fan of Evenflo infant seats but the Evenflo Embrace fits tiny babies great too.

Ugh but its too expensive. I WANT the key fit lol but it would be like 300 for 2, and the BT are only 90.00.
What about a SR??

Jordynsmama

Well the flex loc they have at bru is okay-its grey but diff material and more padded, not wonderful but okay. I LOVE the key fit padding, but....I have 2 20% off coupons for BRU so the flex's will be 80.00 each which is nice. Plus they are iuncredibly narrow. He said I can try them in my car so tomorrow I will do that(and try to take pics lol but may be embarrassed if someones watching).

xxluckychicxx

Well the flex loc they have at bru is okay-its grey but diff material and more padded, not wonderful but okay. I LOVE the key fit padding, but....I have 2 20% off coupons for BRU so the flex's will be 80.00 each which is nice. Plus they are iuncredibly narrow. He said I can try them in my car so tomorrow I will do that(and try to take pics lol but may be embarrassed if someones watching).

My DS had a Flex Loc for about 2 months and then we sold it. I hated the lack of padding and he always looked to uncomfortable. He was a big chunky baby and weighed about 14lbs at 2 months and still needed receiving blankets on the sides. It was also a PITA to install. And heavy. I would go with SnugRides.

Calideedle

I have one for the baby due in February. There aren't many choices when fitting 3 across a Jetta. But the Flex Loc installed very easy and was a breeze to lock and unlock on the base. I haven't put a real newborn in it yet but so far I really like it (narrow, seemed padded enough and was not scratchy). I got the Green cover one from albeebaby.com.

Jordynsmama

My DS had a Flex Loc for about 2 months and then we sold it. I hated the lack of padding and he always looked to uncomfortable. He was a big chunky baby and weighed about 14lbs at 2 months and still needed receiving blankets on the sides. It was also a PITA to install. And heavy. I would go with SnugRides.

Aagh there are so many differing opinions on this seat its driving me nuts.
Well the grey mist was horrible but like I said this seems okay. But if I dont like them after a few weeks/months then I will sell them. I dont think the SR's are narrow enough for 3 across in my altima. But I will try them in my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC