First years honda oddy not compatible?

leelee

Trying to install first years convertible seat ( the one with rebound bar) in my 2013 honda oddy with the seatbelt. Previously installed with latch but with the new laws I wanted to install with seatbelt. She is almost 3, still RF. I can not install rf with seatbelt because I can't close lock offs, there is a loop on the seatbelt right in the lock off path. I tried twist the belt but the loop is still on the path. Should I just try FF. Or can you suggest a new seat.

ADS

tiggercat

I would just install with LATCH. A child under the 35lb weight limit will be well under the 65lbs child + seat limit.

Edited, sometimes you can install a bit tighter or looser (so long as you still end up with less than 1in movement side to side or front to back) to avoid those folds or buttons on the seatbelt.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The seat weighs 21.12 pounds, so that means you can use LATCH to 43.88 pounds. How heavy is your child?

Wendy

YinzerMama

So I'm afraid to ask this because it will maybe mean I have been doing things wrong but I thought you only used lock-offs if your seat belts don't lock? Do they make for a better installation on some cases even with locking seat belts? or are they required for this seat?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So I'm afraid to ask this because it will maybe mean I have been doing things wrong but I thought you only used lock-offs if your seat belts don't lock? Do they make for a better installation on some cases even with locking seat belts? or are they required for this seat?

This particular seat requires the built-in lockoffs (not a locking clip- that H-shaped add-on clip) with all installations.

Some seats with built-in lockoffs require them at all times; some for all seatbelt installs; some make them optional if your belts lock. It depends on the seat and you have to check the instructions. :)

leelee

Thank you! I'll just keep using latch then as she only weighs 28 pounds with shoes and boots... But what about what honda says about their achors only going to 40 pounds. How dose that affect her seat and the new recommendations?

Keeyamah

Thank you! I'll just keep using latch then as she only weighs 28 pounds with shoes and boots... But what about what honda says about their achors only going to 40 pounds. How dose that affect her seat and the new recommendations?

That 40lbs limit was child weight only, they didn't used to include the seat. Now they do include the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC