FFing Foonf ?

T4K

For anyone still reading, I like the Foonf FFing but my child is small for a FFer. She was temporarily turned while her leg was casted and she slept great in it. I didn't think of it any better than my ProSport. However, if I had a super tight space and wanted something on a base for whatever reason, Foonf would fit the bill.

ADS

hope41more

I was really tempted to get a Foonf for my DD1 to FF because of the rigid LATCH and that whole system... But it's useless for us because she's already like 36lbs and I drive a Dodge with the retroactive 65lbs child + restraint limit. I did read the thread about the seatbelt + LATCH but unfortunately my LATCH in the third row where I need her is off center so that won't work for us either. If either was an option for us I would have seriously considered it because of the added features that (theoretically) could make FF safer. Too bad the seat is so darn heavy, or that the safecell technology isn't beneficial without using the rigid LATCH.... Which if my thinking is wrong here I'd love to be corrected :)

They just released that you are to use rigid latch AND seatbelt install once you reach latch weight limits for your car. So you would still get benefits of react system.

Kel

Yes, maybe in a tight a Foonf would come in handy. I really do like the FFing technology also. But if you have to use latch to benefit from it, I won't be able to use it anyway. My bench seats only have latch in the center. I keep my 3 rear facers outboard. And when time comes to flip lil man, he'll stay there. I try and keep the safest kids outboard. If a spot is open by a window, all my big boys will want to sit there. As those seats have cupholders, lol.

My DS will be 3 in a couple wks. I'm sure he'll make it at least another 6 months in the pria RFing. I wAs just thinking I would maybe I would sell the pria, and get a Foonf. Then I wouldn't need a locking clip . BUT.... the more I look around at other seats....the more I think the pria will make a nicer FFing seat. (Even with having to use a locking clip, lol.)

Maybe I'll look around for some pics in FFing prias.

aporthole

Phineasmama,

OT question: Is your DS wearing the Perrito or Moondoggy in this pic and what size? I have a Perrito for my 13 month old DD that she used this winter. I want to get one for my DS for next winter. He just turned 4, is 39" and 35lbs, so pretty much exact stats of your DS. Since it won't be used for another 6 months I'm not sure if I should get him a Perrito in 4T or Moondoggy in XXS (5). Some reviews say the Moondoggy runs small. What size would you get for your DS for next fall/winter?

JCsMomma

They just released that you are to use rigid latch AND seatbelt install once you reach latch weight limits for your car. So you would still get benefits of react system.

My LATCH (2013 Dodge Caravan) is off center, in between two seating positions. When using LATCH, you can't use either seatbelt. Likewise, when the seat is installed with the seatbelt the LATCH anchors aren't in the right positions to attach the LATCH. So I definitely think this is awesome and will work in a lot of cars, but mine isn't one of them :(

Lenae

Phineasmama,

OT question: Is your DS wearing the Perrito or Moondoggy in this pic and what size? I have a Perrito for my 13 month old DD that she used this winter. I want to get one for my DS for next winter. He just turned 4, is 39" and 35lbs, so pretty much exact stats of your DS. Since it won't be used for another 6 months I'm not sure if I should get him a Perrito in 4T or Moondoggy in XXS (5). Some reviews say the Moondoggy runs small. What size would you get for your DS for next fall/winter?

I'm not the person you asked, but my DD wears a 3T Moondoggy and I wouldn't say it runs small, it's just cut differently. She is between a 2T and a 3T in most clothes and the body of her coat fits well right now, and the sleeves are a bit long. All of that to say, if I were you, I'd personally size up. This is my daughters second spring wearing her coat, and it still looked great even when it was a little big on her.

Phineasmama

Phineasmama,

My DS is wearing the 3T Perrito right now so I think a 4T would be perfect for next winter :) you could also get a 4T Moondoggy, they have toddler sizes. Otherwise I think it's XXS for a size 4-5 in the kid sizing for Moondoggy. But the toddler size is cheaper!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC