FF seat that is compatible w/ forward-of-bight buckles

Raegansmom4

Constant quest to get a ffing seat to install well with my forward-of-bight buckles in my Chevy Venture (I've posted about the issue before). GN and Regent are totally incompatible. MR is marginally passable. Replacement buckle is $172ish plus labor. So, any car seat that you know of works well ffing with bad buckle situation? I was thinking I wished I still had my classic MA? Any ideas? TIA!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I *think* the ProSport is. I had it in my car and did not 100% install it, but it sure looked do-able (enough so that I ordered one.) It has a funky belt path that makes it work.

Actually, I think the Frontier LBP would do the same thing, it might be worth looking at.

Unfortunately those are both quite pricey seats. :(

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I looked it up, and it looks like the FOTB buckles are only in the second row, and the 3rd row has different buckles? is that true in your van? Sometimes stock pics dont match up with real life, or there are different versions, etc.
Anyway, I am wondering if something like the CA/50-lbAOE would work, since you are allowed to use the recline feature FFing in order to align wth the seat back, and it might help take up some of that "space" behind the buckle?

Raegansmom4

I have post-advisory Regent, so I have to install SBP for my dd's weight. I do have different buckles in the 3rd row and both the Regent and GN work well there (tried it for awhile), but since I only have 2 kids, I'd rather have them both in the 2nd row (my oldest dd hated being alone in the 3rd row where she couldn't hear the conversations). I'd sort of balk at the CA since my dds are both so heavy - my just-turned-5 yo is already 60 lbs, and my dd2 (3 in March) is 40.5 lbs - or did I miss the fact that the CA has a 65 lb version? (fingers crossed). I don't really have the funds for a FR85 - I could almost have the buckle replaced for the money. Thanks for the ideas! ETA: Just looked up and found the CA 65 (duh, me)!

aeormsby

PP's of the CA might work. I installed my Uptown FF in my sister's Rodeo which I think had belts that were somewhat forward of the bight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC