FAA rules to print

scuby20

I tried to search on here for them. I can't find them. We were challenged on the airplane with my daughters harness which is FAA approved (says so right on there). We did end up using it, and we got a supervisor involved....but I should have printed the rules and taken them with me. Could you link me to the rules I need to print and carry when traveling on the airplane with FAA approved restraints....thank you!! We had such a bad day that day flying, and even had issues with my special needs son and security at the airport (we will be getting a lawyer for that)....so I just don't want to deal with this on our return trip. I just can't find where the links are for those pages I need to print and carry with me. thank you so much!!!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Here you go! http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/60d70126cf679d5a8625723b007841e7/$FILE/AC%20120-87A.pdf I hope you have a better trip back!

Wendy

Eclipsepearl

When you say "harness", are you talking about the CARES harness?

The pp gave you a good link but this one is shorter and there's a photo of the CARES harness if you scroll down;

http://www.faa.gov/passengers/fly_children/crs/

Your CARES harness should have a ticket on the inside which states that it's FAA certified for all phases of flight.

If you have a Baby B'Air, it can't be used for take-off and landing, is only allowed by the FAA inflight and is banned by certain airlines.

hth and good luck for the return!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We're flying in a couple weeks and this is the one I'm printing to take with me. I like it because it's nice and concise (one page).

I'm going to highlight this part:

No operator may prohibit a child (an individual who has not reached his or her 18 birthday) from using an approved CRS when the parent or guardian purchases a seat for the child, the child is accompanied by a parent or guardian and the child is within the weight limits for the CRS.

scuby20

i have the cares one. the flight attendant said she cvould't find it in her book. even though i showed her it is faa approved and the corresponding code. we took it to the supervisor when we got off. i just want to carry the paperwork now for the rteturn flt

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC