Question Easy harness on convertible seat

Ali

My mom watches my 8 month old nephew a few afternoons a week. She has very poor dexterity and arthritis in her hands.

Currently my nephew is 17ish pounds and 27 inches. He rides in a Chicco Keyfit in my SIL and brothers cars. They also have a RA 50 in my brothers commuter car.

My mom currently has a Chicco Nextfit in her Prius. She chose that one over the RA because it was easier for her to buckle and unbuckle my nephew. She is now having trouble tightening the harness and releasing the crotch buckle.

What seats have the easiest buckles and tightening straps?

Thanks!

ADS

henrietta

I have arthritis in my hands. Seats can be tough for me, too. My baby daughter rides in a Combi Cocorro, which has been one of the easiest I've ever used. It won't last as long rearfacing, but if he's short to average in the torso, may work well for her. I also have found the Safety First and Cosco seats (so maybe Maxi Cosi, too) easier to buckle and unbuckle. I second the buckle bopper suggestion...

ebp913

I've tried a good number of seats and the ones that are easiest to tighten are the Coccoro, Peg Perego convertible and Foonf.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Complete Air harness was amazing to tighten. So smooth. And it's a continuous harness so don't need to loosen and tighten every time.

Agree on the buckle bopper for unbundling!

Ali

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try to take my mom to a store that carries some of these seats. I'll look into the buckle bopper too! Is it only available online?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC