Question Drivers vs passenger side...

linneabw

I will soon have a 4 yr old flipping ffing into a Frontier and 18 month old rfing in an xtsl. Who should be on which side? Does it matter? '06 caravan captains chairs.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It doesn't matter from a crash safety perspective. I like to put the most easily controlled child on the driver's side for when I have to park on the street. So a little baby that can't run off would be behind the driver so an on foot child could exit on the sidewalk, but an eager to please 4 yo that will climb over a rfing seat might be better behind the driver so that an eager toddler can be on the sidewalk side.

Phineasmama

I like to have the baby on the passenger side so that I can buckle her in, then go to the drivers side and buckle my 4 year old, then I don't have to walk back around the vehicle to get into my seat. It's hard to buckle an older kid when you're holding a big fat 16 month old!!

I have 3 kids though so right now I have the drivers side captains chair stowed, two forward facing kids in the 3rd row and the baby is in the passenger side captains chair.

tiggercat

Whatever works for your family. I have my RF 3yo driver's side and boostered 7yo passenger side, mostly because it makes school pick up/drop off easier. I also park next to a snow bank on the pass side, and when it's just me and the 3yo I prefer not to have to walk circles around my vehicle past the slippery spots ;) 12yo in the third row because the other two can't bug him back there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC