Double stroller h*ll!!

mountainmama

I have been looking on CL for ages and almost scored at BJCD, but someone beat me to it :( That was the absolute top end of our budget anyway at $250. Now i'm back to wondering if any cheaper model would be good- Instep? Baby Trend? Or should i go for the new ultralight Joovy Caboose. One major issue i have with the Joovy is that i don't think my 18mo is going to sit in that jump seat when our newbie arrives and is in the front in the carseat. Frick on a stick i don't know what to do!

I have a really old Baby Jogger that i currently use for my 18mo and almost 3yo but it does not fit through one school front door-if someone opens 2 i'm okay, but it's just enormous. It also doesn't fold up easily so we never take it anywhere... but it's so light ♥ and that is what i love about it. Oh, and the seats don't recline at all so completely useless for a new baby.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In-Steps and Baby Trends are functional IMO. If your budget is truly limited, I'd get something cheap (like this) that will WORK for now and then you know, if you hate it save up for something nicer later.

canadiangie

The Kolcraft Contours Tandem should be on your list. It's budget friendly and gets very good reviews for what it is. It's the only mainstream front to back stroller I would consider. It comes with a universal car seat adapter, it's versatile, and manouvers fairly well. I actually got to touch one not too long ago (they aren't available up here) and was pleasantly surprised.

ntrenary

I loved my Maclaren double when my kids were younger. They really easy to find on CL and usually go for a good price.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I DO like the Contours Tandem, despite the short seats. And it's true that in some areas double Macs show up pretty frequently. :)

mountainmama

I have a Graco Quattro Duo that i'm trying to sell, rather unsuccessfully though. It's barely used. I hate it. It's so heavy. My kids aren't huge but it's really hard to push. Because of that- inline strollers = :thumbsdown: for me

Athena

ctbcleveland

What about the new Chicco Cortina Together? I am seeing a new one for $25 above your budget. Since it is a tandem one, it would be narrow and it weighs 34 lbs, which is pretty good compared to similar graco models.

momtobe2007

I have a Graco Quattro Duo that i'm trying to sell, rather unsuccessfully though. It's barely used. I hate it. It's so heavy. My kids aren't huge but it's really hard to push. Because of that- inline strollers = :thumbsdown: for me

I just bought this on CL. Got a fantastic deal on an, almost, brand new stroller. So, couldn't pass up. But I really don't like it. I think I'm going to resell it on CL. My dd is 3.5 and doesn't sit much, but I do need something for her. I also have a 2 month old. I'm definitely going to get the Joovy Ultralight when he can sit. I think it'll be perfect! I'd recommend it! The jump seat has a buckle, so you can strap your dd in. :)

mountainmama

I have trouble keeping my 18mo in a cart at the store. Those lap belts do not keep her in. She never even tries to get out of the 5 pt harness on the Mac we have, so i think the Joovy jump seat wouldn't be any good for her at this stage. I wish there was a back to the jump seat and a 5pt harness, then i'd be in :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What about the new Chicco Cortina Together? I am seeing a new one for $25 above your budget. Since it is a tandem one, it would be narrow and it weighs 34 lbs, which is pretty good compared to similar graco models.

Eh... I was not heavily impressed with it. Like the Gracos, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it. :twocents:

ctbcleveland

Eh... I was not heavily impressed with it. Like the Gracos, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it. :twocents:

Thanks! I would never buy a standard tandem either, but figured it had to be made better than the Graco stroller line-up. Graco does many things well, but strollers - not so much.

Shancouchon

I know brand new it is very expensive but I have seen them on Craigs for less. Have you checked in to a BOB? I have the duallie and I LOVE it!! Goes everywhere and anywhere I need to go. Outside and the mall. I have had a "few" tandems and as the kids get older they are such a pain in the*** to steer. Most of the side by sides I felt were flimsy as well BUT I did sort of like the JEEPs side by side there are seriously no bells and whistles to it but it did fit through all the doors and reclines a lot but NO sunshade protection at all (I think they added a shade to tease me). :twocents:

mountainmama

As my husband is constantly telling me- i have champagne taste on a beer budget :whistle: I have been looking for BOB's, Mountain Buggy's, Baby Joggers on CL, but nothing has come up yet, other than the one BJ that i missed out on :crying: Everyone around here seems to be pushing a BOB, so that's what made me look at them and i thought maybe there would be more of them on CL. How much would they go for used do you think?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC