Votes: 72 49.7%
  • No, and we fight about it

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • They don't really care

Votes: 61 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BananaBoat

Like many of the other PPs, DH let me do the research & once he understood the info & how important it is, got 100% on board. He's never mentioned FFing DD to me, so it's a non-issue. I'm hoping that we get PG before DD reaches the RF limit on her TFP so I have an excuse to get a new seat with a higher RF limit :cool:

His opinion of C-S.org & the time I spend here is a different convo altogether :whistle:

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I clicked the wrong one... :rolleyes: I clicked "we fight about it" but meant to put that he doesn't care. I am in charge of the seats, I do all the installs though he does know the 1" rule if one gets unbuckled by some chance and he has to fix it. :thumbsup:

Amy7707

DH supports it because he knows I've done the research. But if I told him we were going to turn at 1/20 he's go along with that too. He knows I do lots of baby related research so he normally just goes along with what I do. :thumbsup:

NannyMom

A few years ago when I first learned about it, and told DH, he agreed. He said it made total sense. He thought of an adult's head flying forward in a crash, and knew it couldn't be good for a baby. He said he thought about this long before we had kids.

Several months ago, he and I were looking at seats at BRU. He made a comment (I forget what, exactly) indicating it was time for Sofi to turn FF. He would never outright tell me no more ERF because he knows how passionate I am about it.

skylinphoto

Yep he does! He's watched videos and researched just like I have.

I've got one of those dh's that preach to others about ERFing. lol

mrswh

We are past RFing now because our kids are too big, but it was kind of a struggle with my DH. He kept insisting that our kids were unhappy RFing (even though they never once complained) and to this day insists that my DD was upset about turning back around when I turned her back for ERF, which is totally false. He's definitely in that group of people who decide that their child is uncomfortable or unhappy just because he thinks he would be, but of course won't acknowledge that's the reason. :rolleyes:

Now that the AAP, etc. have started to call for ERF, he is more accepting of the idea - I think he just doesn't like to be the "freak" who is doing something different. (For example, he'd probably have DD6 in a backless booster if it was up to him. It's not, of course. ;) )

Shanora

Uhhhh. I have no idea if he does or not....LOL. To be honest I never really included him in the decision to keep my kids in harness or ERF. Just did it, and assumed he'd be fine with it. He's never objected, so I'm going to take that as he's all for it, or just doesn't care...lol

Pixels

It's grown on him. Carseat stuff in general has slowly seeped into him. Every once in a while he surprises me by telling me something he's told a coworker (you can't use LATCH and seatbelt together - when did he pick that one up?) or something like that. I mentioned the possibility of FFing 2.5yo DD for a ride around the neighborhood to look at holiday lights this year, and his response was "or we could just go for a walk instead." He even questioned me when I put her FFing on the plane in her Radian.

kaleigh71

Mine just kinda goes along with it, though he makes jokes about DD2 "not knowing what it is like to ride FF until she's 18." He also joked to a coworker about me being a freak about it - no harm meant, it was someone I also used to work with. I'm sure if it were up to him she would have already been turned around, but he knows I've researched and he follows my lead on it. We don't fight, or discuss any other way of doing things, I do all the installing.

He is definitely on board with extended harnessing.

Melanie

DH and I were just talking about this today. He said he's glad I'm as passionate as I am and he wouldn't want it any other way. It took a little convincing in the beginning. DD2 was 1 1/2 and had been FF for a while. In the end, he knows I do the research and he lets me do what I want. DD3 is still mainly RF at 3 1/2. (RF Radian in Civic coupe just isn't happening at 3 1/2) At the rate she's going she may be one of those kids that go from RF to booster.

Maggie

He asks once and awhile when she can turn FF, but since the kids are with me 99% of the time, he just goes along with whatever I say. :p

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
He understands why, and knows that it's much safer, but he isn't quite as zealous as I am about it. He used to think I was nuts, but I think after hearing me talk about it over and over, and putting our kids in rearfacing seats for so long, it's become second nature. He even tells his coworkers that it isn't safe to turn their kids around at 1 year.

Spam

Another inbetween. He's not at all interested in it, and he's not really into supporting my car seat addiction. I've tried showing him videos and articles, but he just is kind of whatever do what you want, but don't spend anymore $ on carseats. He was okay with A rearfacing past one, but now that he's outgrown the MR rfing and really could only rearface in rnsl it's not happening. Dh says he's fine ffing now, especially since I already bought a ffing seat for him instead of the sl last spring since I was assuming he'd make it closer to three in the MR. And yeah, I could sell it and fund a rnsl, but i don't have the rn love, I tried..uh three times.

amelia222

I choose "other" :p

No SO here, but my family thinks I'm a bit nuts about all the car seats stuff. They keep asking me when she gets to face forward....umm, kindergarten?

glockchick

Dh doesn't like it but trusts my decision.

I must admit I see his point when I have to wrestle the kid in the seat while he's using the vehicle seat back as leverage, and pretty much always bonk his poor little head getting him in rear facing.

But rear facing he is and rear facing he'll stay until he outgrows the limits of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC