Does this instal look correct?

U

Unregistered

Just installed our britax boulevard g3 in our 06 f150 super crew. Our seats incline slightly up at the ends, so I used a rolled up towel. The seat is in the 3rd (last) recline. My son is 12 months and not sure of weight or height right now.

Thanks so much!!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...3-AD6E-DFCF7977ED37-7408-000004C20F4109BF.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...4-B611-C6429A040E76-7408-000004C1F85631AC.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...9-A8BE-3C67F4891CDB-7408-000004C204AA5146.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...2-9365-1E7CE96BF1AC-7408-000004C1EC33CCF7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Britax allows the seat to be installed so that the angle of the seatback is in the range of 30 to 45* when measured from vertical. When the blue line on the side of the seat is level to ground, it is basically in the middle of that range.

Based on the pictures, it appears that the seat is installed fine. I think you can install it more upright without any concern and may not actually need the towel, but if your little one is comfortable that way and there's comfortable room for front passengers, then I don't think I'd worry about it provided it's not over-reclined. (And I don't think it's over-reclined based on the pictures, it's just reclined more than is needed for your kiddo's age.)

It can be really hard to tell everything there is to see about a seat just through pictures, but what I am able to see looks fine.

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much for looking at my install. With it reclined like that, there is still tons of room upfront. Do you have to use the tether for it? It's right behind the headrest and I feel like the straps would really bother me with putting him in, and I just don't really like the looks of it. Wish we had one on the floor. It's a pretty solid install right now as it sits though. I just couldn't figure out if that was required or not.

Thank you so much again!! We love the seat so far and so does he! He just smiles and looks very comfy!

U

Unregistered

Jessica, it is soo not girly at all! I say go for it. It is so cute in person and works for any gender, I'd like it more for a boy than a girl though. I think it's one of britax's best print available right now! :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You do have one for the floor. That's what the strap hanging down the back is, the D ring. There are instructions in your manual, though many people find them confusing. Here's a video to show how it works a little better.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upADev-UrM"]Installing a Rear-Facing Tether Connector Strap (D-Ring) - YouTube[/ame]

But no, you don't have to tether it. It's just part of what you pay for when you buy a Britax, so a lot of people like to use it. Especially with a piece of glass directly in front of the child.

Wendy

khaag27

You do have one for the floor. That's what the strap hanging down the back is, the D ring. There are instructions in your manual, though many people find them confusing. Here's a video to show how it works a little better.

Installing a Rear-Facing Tether Connector Strap (D-Ring) - YouTube

But no, you don't have to tether it. It's just part of what you pay for when you buy a Britax, so a lot of people like to use it. Especially with a piece of glass directly in front of the child.

Wendy

Finally remembered my login :) OMGosh Wendy thank you!! I read through the manual like 3 times and still missed this?!?! You are so awesome, I am defiantly doing this.

So I can find that strap already attached to the britax, correct?

Is it just me, or does the back of the Britax look a *little* too close to the passenger seat back? An '06 would have AAB, yes? Maybe scootch the passenger seat forward a bit, if it has AAB. I may be going crazy, but it looked a little close to me!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The distance look fine. As long as you can get a piece of paper between them it's fine.

The tether connector strap, the D ring, is the part hanging down attached to the tether behind the seat. I can see it in the picture.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC