Difference between Evenflo LX & DLX?

thecowgirl

have you seen the alligator style clips in person? I know they were on the Evenflo website, but all the ones I've looked at still have the regular ones. Maybe it's time for another trip to BRU.

what are the alligator style clips? ...why are they better?

can you use them if you do not have a latch system in your vehicle (like in a 00 chevy blazer)

thanks!

ADS

amyg530

what are the alligator style clips? ...why are they better?

can you use them if you do not have a latch system in your vehicle (like in a 00 chevy blazer)

thanks!

they are a style of LATCH, the ones on the britax seats

and no you cant use them if you dont have LATCH in your car, nothing to use them with

ETA: if you dont have LATCH then its no biggie, LATCH is no safer/better than the seatbelt. it was just designed to be easier, my truck doesnt have LATCH and i have no problems getting my seats in tight

Last edited:

Momto3Divaz

TA & EFTA which is which? same thing?

BTW i purchased 1 GN last night have not installed it yet but now having it home I see HOW LARGE it seems. I also seen the scenera in person:( it didnt look very comfy. hmmm

arly1983

TA & EFTA which is which? same thing?

BTW i purchased 1 GN last night have not installed it yet but now having it home I see HOW LARGE it seems. I also seen the scenera in person:( it didnt look very comfy. hmmm

TA & EFTA are the same seat: Evenflo Triunmph Advance

Yeah, the scenera is a bare-bones seat. Did you look for the Uptown, it is very plush and padded?

I think it the seat that is most what your are looking for if it fits.

Momto3Divaz

:) I did not get to see the Uptown in person yet. I will be installing the GN tonight and will be able to tell if another GN will fit on the other side and what should be able to fit in the middle RF. I seen the TA at walmart last night that is pretty wide :eek: SHOOT!

arly1983

Yeah, its a great seat (I have two) but it is wide.

The uptown is a nice seat, fairly easy to install and use. You would want that above the titan any day.

Mattkarn

I dont think the Natalius will work in a three across. I have a Natalius and a Vivo in my car and no one can fit in the middle.

Momto3Divaz

:doh:its freezing out & starting to snow i havent braved the weather to install the GN, but just by staring at the GN which i have been doing since i've come home I dont think its going to work for me ahhhhhhh.... I may go with a suggestion I rec before FF Radian, :confused: RF, FF Radian.

kidrepair

How did I miss the sale at Walmart for the Uptown? I keep finding it for not much less than $100. Wish I could find it for $67, then I would have to get one

Momto3Divaz

Opps I may have forgotten to post that here a 00 Focus #3 was a surprise :love: so a new car had not been budgeted at that time although we are looking into something used and bigger we will also be taking over custody of my fiances 2 1/2 yr old :D

arly1983

Opps I may have forgotten to post that here a 00 Focus #3 was a surprise :love: so a new car had not been budgeted at that time although we are looking into something used and bigger we will also be taking over custody of my fiances 2 1/2 yr old :D

OUCH!

You know, I might would do 2 radians and an uptown. That is one small car.

Momto3Divaz

OUCH!

You know, I might would do 2 radians and an uptown. That is one small car.

:( Awww I need a bigger car to get the pretty carseats i want :whistle: I have the GN and my oldest is right at the 2nd to the top holes, but it looks like I already need to move it up to the last one. Id love 1 MA & 2 Regents I hear the Regents last longer although Im very aware they would Never fit in my car :D Im going to go check out the Uptown hopefully today. Does the Radian & GN have the same top holes?

arly1983

:( Awww I need a bigger car to get the pretty carseats i want :whistle: I have the GN and my oldest is right at the 2nd to the top holes, but it looks like I already need to move it up to the last one. Id love 1 MA & 2 Regents I hear the Regents last longer although Im very aware they would Never fit in my car :D Im going to go check out the Uptown hopefully today. Does the Radian & GN have the same top holes?

So your oldest is close to needing the top slots? Another Ouch.

The radians slots are 1 in below the GNs. So she might have room but not much. SKJP oked the use of the radian 80 (but not the radian 65) up to one inch above the top slots but thats still not alot of time. Basically, the GN is the narrowest seat with the highest top slots on the market right now so it is going to give you the most room. This thread compares the two seats

This is a rock and a hard place. Do you thing you could do one GN and two radians? Or one radian, one GN, and an uptown?

It would depend on how the seats puzzle together. You might could put the GN in the middle and do the two smaller seats on the outboard or even get it on the outboard with the radian in the middle.

I guess you could order one radian and see how that works out and order the second one if needed.

I don't suppose you have family member with a gas guzzler who wants to trade you for your car:whistle::p:D

Momto3Divaz

:eek: OHH her torso is long shes like a weed! every 6 months or so she needs new shirts becuase of them shrinking or just getting too short(atleast i have 2 younger girls to take those over) Ah so Im guessing the Parkway is the only option right now? Im glad I didnt jump up and but 2 GNs our store only had 1, but my 4 yr old can definetly use the GN if I can get it puzzled right. My Grandfather has a 00 Caravan that he offered me for $2000 but it has had so many problems with it that Im leary on buying it. Right now its leaking oil all over and in parked. But just today my seatbelts completly stopped functioning!! I really think this is all a sign to hurry and get a different car but payments are not in our budget so a used car that we can buy with our taxes is what we are looking for.

arly1983

:eek: OHH her torso is long shes like a weed! every 6 months or so she needs new shirts becuase of them shrinking or just getting too short(atleast i have 2 younger girls to take those over) Ah so Im guessing the Parkway is the only option right now? Im glad I didnt jump up and but 2 GNs our store only had 1, but my 4 yr old can definetly use the GN if I can get it puzzled right. My Grandfather has a 00 Caravan that he offered me for $2000 but it has had so many problems with it that Im leary on buying it. Right now its leaking oil all over and in parked. But just today my seatbelts completly stopped functioning!! I really think this is all a sign to hurry and get a different car but payments are not in our budget so a used car that we can buy with our taxes is what we are looking for.

Im sorry I couldnt find a way to help you keep her harnessed longer.:eek:

The good news is: she is almost six, over 40 lbs, and as long as she can sit properly; she is perfectly safe in a booster. I thing the Parkway is the booster everyone says fits stringbean kids the best.

Don't take the tags of the GN, we are not out of the woods yet. Your best bet is probably the Parkway in the middle, Uptown and GN outboard for two reasons: the least protected child goes in the middle (that is your oldest DD) and the narrowest seat in the middle leaves more room outboad. HOWEVER, if the middle is a lapbelt only then you will have to put a booster outboard. Also if you can't buckle the parkway, I would put it outboard. In that case, it makes sense to put the uptown in the middle but don't be afraid to try all different setups.

$70-95 + 150+ $70-80 is $280-325 total. Not bad for 3 new carseats.

This site has lots of Parkways to choose from

What do you mean by your seatbelts stopped working?

Momto3Divaz

Whew Yes as much as Id rather her be harnessed I am going to have to go back to the booster :dizzy: so many choices and decisions to make! I posted my seatbelt problem in the car safety section. I am going to call Ford to get them either replaced or cleaned ASAP.

You were so much help!! :D Thank YOU THANK YOU
I hope I get to keep the GN and make it fit properly

arly1983

Whew Yes as much as Id rather her be harnessed I am going to have to go back to the booster :dizzy: so many choices and decisions to make! I posted my seatbelt problem in the car safety section. I am going to call Ford to get them either replaced or cleaned ASAP.

You were so much help!! :D Thank YOU THANK YOU
I hope I get to keep the GN and make it fit properly

GREAT! I am sure they can help you over there. GOOD LUCK!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC