Cosco Scenera - Outgrown Rear facing?

Angela

I see what you're saying Jools and I completely agree. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with that, but I want to make sure I'm telling parents the correct information (not just the 1 inch rule).
I looked at the spreadsheet and see that it's listed on some. Maybe I'll do a little research and update a few, if needed. :) I wouldn't mind printing that part of the spreadsheet up to have at checks, since most seats I see are missing the manual.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I see what you're saying Jools and I completely agree. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with that, but I want to make sure I'm telling parents the correct information (not just the 1 inch rule).
I looked at the spreadsheet and see that it's listed on some. Maybe I'll do a little research and update a few, if needed. :) I wouldn't mind printing that part of the spreadsheet up to have at checks, since most seats I see are missing the manual.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't know if maybe carseat.org has it in their seat summaries, but a *super* quick reference would be nice. (I've never even been to a check that had a measuring tape, though, and parents never know :eek:)
Leah was 42 inches tall and still had an inch over her head in the Scenera, maybe they are just saving ink by only putting the tops of ears rule in the FF section?

LittlePeanut

So does Leah have a super short torso, or does my 35 inch DD have a super long torso?

My DS2 is also 35" (2.25 y/o) and has 1" over his head in a Scenera BUT he's in a cloth diaper. If he weren't in cloth, I bet he'd have another inch of torso room. Still 42" and still has 1" of space in a Scenera? That must be one super leggy kid! :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My experience is that Graco usually puts the 1" rule in their manuals. There may be exceptions, but not in the electronic versions of the ComfortSport manual that I have where it specifically says in the Height and Weight Limits section, "Top of head must be at least 1” below the top of the child restraint."

Pixels

My experience is that Graco usually puts the 1" rule in their manuals. There may be exceptions, but not in the electronic versions of the ComfortSport manual that I have where it specifically says in the Height and Weight Limits section, "Top of head must be at least 1” below the top of the child restraint."

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You have CS manuals that include the one inch rule? My ComfortSport's paper manual definitely does not have the one inch rule. Just weight, shoulders must not be above the top slots, and maybe a standing height. The shoulders not going above the top slots effectively keeps the head from going over the top of the shell, due to the distance between the top slots and the top of the shell.

Angela

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You have CS manuals that include the one inch rule? My ComfortSport's paper manual definitely does not have the one inch rule. Just weight, shoulders must not be above the top slots, and maybe a standing height. The shoulders not going above the top slots effectively keeps the head from going over the top of the shell, due to the distance between the top slots and the top of the shell.

The online manual has the 1 inch rule listed.

Pixels

Interesting. As I have stated previously, it's sort of moot with the CS anyway, since you can't use it with shoulders above the top slots. DD has 4 inches above her head (three inches of growing room) and only 1.5 inches to the top slots.

It looks like there was a major rewrite of the manual in March 2009. My seat is a 2008 model, and has a 10/07 revision manual. I see where the 1 inch rule is listed in the new manual, but it's definitely not there in my manual.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My DS2 is also 35" (2.25 y/o) and has 1" over his head in a Scenera BUT he's in a cloth diaper. If he weren't in cloth, I bet he'd have another inch of torso room. Still 42" and still has 1" of space in a Scenera? That must be one super leggy kid! :eek:

Yep, definitely all legs... https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5409978091566001538 of course I wasn't really measuring her for RF use at that point, just for FF, but there's space over that thar head ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC