Compact double stroller recommendations

Angela

Not sure if this will help much... but here's what I have to work with.
Measurements:
Bumper to back seat 10"
Hatch opening 45"
With the seats in the 'riding' position 18" from floor to where the seats meat the hatch
My seats can either be totally upright, which means no one is riding in the back seats, or in the 'riding' position.
I'm doubting any doubles will fit back there. If not, it goes in my front passenger's seat. Any ideas if the mac will fit. I'm curious if the mac quest will fit too. I have one that's supposed to be getting her on Thurs. ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ADS

Angela

Is that a well you can utilize? Otherwise, I don't think anything is going to fit back there. :eek:

The only stroller I've been able to get back there was the Britax Preview (just barely). I tried with some cosco double (I'm not sure which, was borrowing from a friend), with no luck. Yeah, gotta love the extra room in this vehicle.

Aurezalia

Next question - do you use all 5 back seats when you have the kids? If not, can you utilize the split-fold? Fold down 1/2 of the third row and use that space to tie down a stroller.

Angela

Next question - do you use all 5 back seats when you have the kids? If not, can you utilize the split-fold? Fold down 1/2 of the third row and use that space to tie down a stroller.

Not usually, so I could do the split fold. My issue with that is that there isn't a way to tie it down. What I tend to do is just put it in the front passengers seat. Not ideal - talk about projectile!

Aurezalia

Not usually, so I could do the split fold. My issue with that is that there isn't a way to tie it down. What I tend to do is just put it in the front passengers seat. Not ideal - talk about projectile!

I'd probably do the split fold and get a BJCMD/similar stroller. That way it's wide enough that you should be able to wedge it in there and not worry about it flying about like an umbrella-fold would. Not as long and wider would fit in that space better.
Alternately, you could probably rig something up.... What does the seatbelt look like with that seat folded down? :whistle: I mean, it would have to be replaced after a crash anyway...

Athena

Totally understood, I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either. ;)

I used to actually have measurements to the mac strollers (I did warn you my doubles research was obsessive:p) and those were the max measurements, as in at one spot it was x", but another spot might be x-5" and maybe able to smoosh it a bit, iykwim. :) I am fairly certain you won't have any trouble fitting the quest and I would not be surprised if the twin fit, but cannot say for sure. I don't have the twin anymore so I cannot measure, but it looks like another poster is doing that anyway. I will take a look for the official measurements in my stroller file and let you know if I find them.

Aurezalia

Or, another option! :p
I'm sure that single umbrellas fold up much smaller than a double ever could. They have umbrella stroller connectors. Any chance you could buy 2 cheap single umbrellas - that will DEFINITELY stack in that tiny space - and use the connectors when you need a double?

Athena

Found my notes! I can't believe I still have this. According to Maclaren, the 2008 twin triumph measured (at its max points) 44" long, 14.5 wide, 12-14" high. (not sure why I don't have an exact height there .. typo? :(). However, I have a note that I had found different dimensions on a store's website and those were: 43" long, 18.75" wide, 12.5 high.

And as long as I'm posting specs, this might be of interest. Maclaren listed the seat back as 18" and seat width 11" and depth 8.5" for the twin triumph. Anything else? :)

I think the Quest would be about the same height and length, but slimmer in width.

HTH!

ETA: Just thought I should emphasize max points of measurement. On one end you have alot more of the stroller and the hoods will bulge out, on the other you have 6 little 4.5" wheels and that's it. That end is tiny. HTH.

Athena

Or, another option! :p
I'm sure that single umbrellas fold up much smaller than a double ever could. They have umbrella stroller connectors. Any chance you could buy 2 cheap single umbrellas - that will DEFINITELY stack in that tiny space - and use the connectors when you need a double?

Two cheap singles, yes, but the double mac definitely folds smaller than two single macs. Personally, I wouldn't want to have to maneuver one cheap umbrella (or kill my back hunching over to push it), much less two.

msg221

I had looked into umbrella stroller connectors at one point, but from what the reviews said, it may or may not work with the type of strollers you have. I just went back and read some reviews and some people said it made the stroller too wide and they couldn't fit in a regular doorway or if the frame was circular tubing rather than oval tubing, it would work. It would be a great alternative if it worked with the right strollers!

Aurezalia

Hmm, that's true. It really depends on what she wants to use the stroller for. Something outdoors like the zoo, etc, the width wouldn't be a problem.
And I imagine if you have 2 single umbrella strollers and fold them and lay them not on their sides but on their backs, stacking with wheels at the opposite end, it would be much smaller than a double - sort of the same concept of "puzzling" seats. But that would be a pain to push. *sigh*
You just have to make this so difficult! :p

Angela

Hmm, that's true. It really depends on what she wants to use the stroller for. Something outdoors like the zoo, etc, the width wouldn't be a problem.
And I imagine if you have 2 single umbrella strollers and fold them and lay them not on their sides but on their backs, stacking with wheels at the opposite end, it would be much smaller than a double - sort of the same concept of "puzzling" seats. But that would be a pain to push. *sigh*

This would be for mall trips and walking DS to school, so some doorway issues might arise with that. I really like that idea though, in theory. thanks everyone for all the problem solving. I'll take any ideas I can get. :)

Athena

Good point. I hadn't thought of the puzzling concept. :)

Angela

But, would a mac double fit maybe between the front seats and the 2nd row on the floor? That might work, and maybe you could make some sort of tie down for it.

I think I might've done that with a single in the past and it worked well. Good idea. It depends on how wide it would be though. I don't have a whole lot of room between those seats either. hmmm...

Angela

New idea... Since it looks like the top, where the big wheels and canopy are too wide to fit. What about just folding one split seat down (I rarely have to use ALL 5 seats) putting the small side of it behind the seat that's up and the big side where the seat is folded down? Does that make sense? I'd still have to tie that top to something, but that might not be as difficult. Thoughts?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC