Combinations/Harnessed Boosters - Britax Frontier Clicktight vs Graco Nautilus Elite

NYAVGUY

I have a 5-year old (46", 45lbs) and 3-year old (35", 34lbs). In our Primary car they are in a Britax Frontier Clicktight and Britax Boulevard Clicktight. I know there is no study that says harnessed booster is safer than highback booster with seat belt, but My 5-year old likes to lean towards the center to look out the windshield and also falls forward when he falls asleep. I have a Graco Nautilus with safety surround (Target) in my car (mostly used on weekend), but although he hasn't reach the height limit, the crotch strap hurts him (known issue on forums). I would like to purchase either the Britax Frontier Clicktight or Graco Nautilus Elite to rerplace it.

I want to be able to us the seat for both my children and based on instructions for Graco and my experience with the Britax, moving the buckle strap is a lot easier in the Britax as I would need to fully remove the Graco to do the same. It is $100 more, but will be easier to ensure a safe fit for both my children when needed.

Anyone have experience with both these seats and can comment on ease of adjustments for different children?

Additional info:
-I only like to keep one seat installed in my car as I often put down the 60 part of the seat for lugging stuff / DIY projects
-We also have a spare Chicco Nextfit Zip that was my 3-year olds first convertible and is very easy to install with the Latch until he gets to the 40lb limit for that when I need both seats in my car
-When we travel by air to see the Great Grandparents we bring a Britax Boulevard G3 (Grandparents seat), and Graco Affix (car pool seat). The Combo seats are just too heavy to lug through the airport for gate checking (no normal checking per this forum:)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The frontier is much easier to take in and out. It lasts about 2 years longer by seated harness height for most kids if you end up with a wiggler who needs a harness extra long. It has deeper leg support. The cost is really the only drawback, to me.

Just so you know, gate checking isn't really recommended either. About 2/3 of seats I've seen that have been gate checked are visibly damaged, which means per the manufacturers they must be replaced.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC