Question Coccoro lock off?

urchin_grey

My sister just got her Coccoro yesterday. :love: For now, its going in her DH's '08 Lancer, center. I read the entire manual online and we're a bit confused about the lock-off... In the rear-facing section, it doesn't even mention the lock-off and says that if the shoulder belt isn't long enough to route around the back (which it wasn't), you just let it rest against the vehicle seat back. Then later on in the manual (page 58-60), it says that if you don't have locking latch plates, then you must use the lock-off. :confused: Really? I feel bad now because she thought she had it right and I'm pretty sure they just left.

Oh, and I'm 10 hours away so I can't go check it in person. If anyone is near Elizabethtown, KY though, let me know.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You can either a) route around the back, b) lock at the retractor, c) lock with a locking latchplate, or d) lock with the lockoff.

The manual is way confusing. I hope they fix it soon. But Combi has confirmed that all of those are acceptable ways to secure the seat, whichever one gives you a tight install is good.

urchin_grey

You can either a) route around the back, b) lock at the retractor, c) lock with a locking latchplate, or d) lock with the lockoff.

The manual is way confusing. I hope they fix it soon. But Combi has confirmed that all of those are acceptable ways to secure the seat, whichever one gives you a tight install is good.

Okay, that's good to know, thanks! Another question then though... If you do route around the back, do you not lock at the retractor?

They're going to be using this as a travel seat and will have to install on a plane and various other cars, so I want to make sure she has all methods of installing worked out.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You can if you want to but you don't have to. The around-the-back routing alone will hold it tight. There is no need to lock at the retractor when doing so and in some cars it causes tipping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC