Clek Oobr fit

VoodooChile

The back doesn't flop on dd's Oobr. And I never think she looks like she's sliding out, in pictures or IRL:
Eve_Oobr.jpg

ADS

Meg

I totally get that... I was just surprised that the seat back flopped around so much. I just envisioned it to be more "solid" like one piece. I could see how if the seat scooted back it would change the recline and how it fit in the car.

My son fits the same in the Oobr.. for the first few days I kept yelling back to him to stop slouching and then I realized the seat makes him look that way, but he's actually sitting correctly. :eek: The back of our Oobr has the same movement you were talking about. When the booster is LATCHed in, the back definitely can move a bit independently of the base, which doesn't move.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I didn't say there wasn't movement, I said it doesn't flop around. I can lift it and carry it without any flopping. It's possible there's some movement but the back stays upright when sitting on the floor, doesn't move when driving and the seat is unoccupied and doesn't move enough to make it awkward to carry. Basically if there is any movement, it doesn't move enough for me to even remember it moves. LOL

The Monterey is what I would consider floppy. Always flopping out into an unfolded position when you lift it to carry it anywhere. The Oobr is nothing like this.

Meg's video should help though. Maybe we're all just defining floppy differently. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Meg

For those who said your seat doesn't move, your seat doesn't do that^ at all? That's odd that there is a discrepancy then. :confused:

tl01

It is very possible we are all defining moving differently. The seat at the store opened back at least 6 inches. It did still sit up on the ground though just barely.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
While I've never TRIED to move it like that, I have incidentally leaned on mine here and there, in about that spot, and never got that kind of wiggle, no. In fact it takes some force to recline mine.

Meg

It is very possible we are all defining moving differently. The seat at the store opened back at least 6 inches. It did still sit up on the ground though just barely.

I'm not sure how far back our seat will lean since the base was attached with the LA and I didn't feel like unlatching it, but it probably is 6 inches too. I'm used to the Vivo which doesn't move at all, so I also expected the Oobr to be similar in terms of rigidness, so I was surprised there was so much movement.

tl01

Maybe this explanation would help. The seat did not have two defined settings. It wouldn't lock into place at upright or reclined. It would just move between the two points.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, yeah, it moves. But mine takes definite shoving to do so. If I stick it in with the connectors out, I have to firmly push back to get it to contact the vehicle seat at the top. If I take it out and want it to sit up, I have to be very firm shoving it back. And it doesn't flop around when not in the vehicle. (Both of mine are like that.)

Maybe it's just that it's a floor model and has been moved around a lot.

Meg

Maybe this explanation would help. The seat did not have two defined settings. It wouldn't lock into place at upright or reclined. It would just move between the two points.

I was just looking at this pic of the Oobr on FB: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=258831137468793&set=o.56869167766&type=3&theater
And I think it explains the movement better. The back of the seat is normally in a reclined position, so depending on how upright your vehicle seats are the back will move upright accordingly. If you have really upright seats in your vehicle, you'll never notice the movement. But if you have seats that recline a bit, the movement of the back of the seat will be more noticeable. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but it makes sense now why some people are seeing movement and others aren't.

tl01

I was just looking at this pic of the Oobr on FB: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=258831137468793&set=o.56869167766&type=3&theater
And I think it explains the movement better. The back of the seat is normally in a reclined position, so depending on how upright your vehicle seats are the back will move upright accordingly. If you have really upright seats in your vehicle, you'll never notice the movement. But if you have seats that recline a bit, the movement of the back of the seat will be more noticeable. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but it makes sense now why some people are seeing movement and others aren't.

Bummer... The pic links to my newsfeed instead of the Oobr. Was the pic on the Clek page. Your explanation does make sense.

I had watched the video on clek's site regarding the recline and it seemed more defined but I guess that is because the seat was starting upright and then reclining. I just couldn't get it to lock into either spot.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My Oobr doesn't lock into spots either, it's 'free floating' a few inches...the back is anyway. If I LATCH the seat in, the recline the captain's chair back all the way back, the back of the Oobr can be moved forward and back a few inches. If that makes sense.

I posted in another thread a pic of my ds in the Oobr...same exact 'looks like he's sliding out' problem. I will not use it for him for that reason. I feel like it primes him to submarine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC