Choose a stroller for me

christineka

I am thinking about thinking about maybe possibly getting a stroller sometime. I know very little about strollers and nothing about brands. This is what I want:

Seat that is good for an almost sitting up baby up to age 2 or 3.
Folds up really small like an umbrella stroller.
Tallish handles so that dh can share in the pushing.
Basket underneath.
Decent canopy.
Washes up well with a garden hose.
Can stand to stay outside, but out of the weather. (In a car port.)
Drives well.

Is there a stroller that fits what I want? What is it?

ADS

love-pink

I am :) and the fact that it'll be left outside?? Won't it rust?? Not to mention get bugs in it or mold?? Not to be rude or anything, Its just a pet peive of mine when people take the time to find a stroller spend the money then leave it outside.

christineka

It would be in the van most of the time, but sometimes I need room in the back. So sometimes strollers get left out. Where do you all put your strollers anyway? I see them outside all the time in my neighborhood.

My umbrella stroller that I had for 9 years was left out a bit. It got a little dusty, so I sprayed it off with the hose, sat it out in the sun, and it was fine. The carport keeps things out of the snow and rain, but it gets dusty.

Maybe I'd feel different about a stroller if I spent more than $10 on it?

Rosey

My sister has been leaving my maclaren double in her car port in east texas where it's very humid. So far nothing thas happened to it--lucky for her ;) You could get a mac or that peg someone linked above. The baby jogger city mini has a nice fabric that wipes clean but it costs so much I don't think I would hose it down.

chloebeansmom

I bought a Mosaic 2 weeks ago and I love it. I had a Chicco Capri which I absolutly depised. I traded for the Moasic at B R US in anticipation of our upcoming vacation. The seat reclines nicely, but comes upright enough for DD to be comfortable, it folds very easily with one hand, the canopy is decent for that type of stroller and it locks open, it accepts graco infant seats which will be great for the next baby, has a good sized basket for an umbrella stroller, and when the brakes are on it is easy to stand against a wall folded. Also the material is a heavy canvas that feels pretty durable. :thumbsup:

LP Mom

2007 Mac Triumph with a swivel canopy. I would not wash any stroller off with a hose given that I am a stroller freak :D. I leave mine in our garage in Chicago.

vonfirmath

Where do we keep strollers?

Back of the car
Garage
Coat closet in the house

(at different times, depending on circumstances)

I'd be too afraid of losing anything I left out.

northernmommy

I am :) and the fact that it'll be left outside?? Won't it rust?? Not to mention get bugs in it or mold?? Not to be rude or anything, Its just a pet peive of mine when people take the time to find a stroller spend the money then leave it outside.

Some people just don't have any room to store a stroller inside. I have a very expensive double Chariot that lives under the side stairs outside, because there is no room for it in my house. It kills me to have to leave it there, exposed to the elements, but there isn't really anything I can do about it :twocents:

lovinwaves

Christine, you haven't told us what your budget is? What did you think of the $75 one in swap?

If you look at your craigslist you will see there are lots of strollers for sale. Do you see any on there you like?

What stroller are you using now? What have you used in the past? Likes, dislikes about it would be helpful as well.

ErinGoBragh

I wouldn't get a Mosaic. My DH is 5'10" and was always kicking the back of the stroller. He hated it so much that he refused to push it.

christineka

The current strollers I have are from freecycle. The jeep umbrella stroller is sturdy, but the seat is small, the canopy isn't particularly functional, and it has no basket, but it has tall handles. The other that I use most often is some cosco thing. It was also from freecycle. It is too short for dh, so I have to push it. It has a canopy and basket. Not sure what it is, but it is old.

I'm currently just window shopping. I was thinking maybe I could get one for my birthday (with my birthday money). Budget is probably $100 at most, but I wanted to see what was out there and what prices are normal.

I do have a basement, but I'm not going to heft anything down there that I don't have too. I don't have a garage, just a car port. I don't like to bring strollers in much past my door because the wheels are filthy. (We also keep shoes by the door.) I suppose I could bring the stroller just barely inside the door when it is out of the van.

I am 5'2" and dh is 6'2"

MoreLatte

I wouldn't have any problem leaving a stroller under a carport. I keep mine on my porch sometimes, and its fine.

The Pliko listed in swap is a great stroller, I have one. The handles are a little on the short side, though, so might not be a good idea if your husband is tall. They're perfect for me, but I'm only 5'2''

I think I'd suggest a Maclaren Triumph or a Peg Perego P3. Check your local CL, I found my P3 for $100 and love it. It has pegs on the back so a younger one can hitch a ride too. The fold is compact enough for a minivan and it stands alone when folded.

chloebeansmom

see i'm about 5' 8" and have no problem there.

My dad is 6 feet and didn't hjave a problem with the Mosaic either. I had that problem with my Capri and I'm only 5'4", God I hate that stroller :rolleyes: When I tested the Mosaic in the store I took the biggest steps I could just to make sure I wouldn't kick it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC