Chicco Keyfit 22 or Keyfit 30

stokessn

What is the height limit on the Keyfit 22?

DS1 was 17 lbs at 1 yr. We switched him from a Safeseat1 to a convertible at 22 mo., not because he had outgrown the seat in height or weight.

I think I'm going to have to buy a new seat for #2, and the Chicco fits perfectly next to the Radian. I'm just wondering if the Keyfit 30 is overkill. It's about a $30 difference, so not a huge deal, but still.

ADS

camommy

My DD is just now reaching the height limit for our Chicco Keyfit 22 by being within an inch of the top of the headrest at 12 months, 30.5 inches tall and 20 lbs.

featherhead

The shell of both seats are the same height, so they will be outgrown by height at the same time. If your first was only 17 lbs at a year, I think the 22 would be just fine for you.

rxmommy

I think it would depend on how long you want to keep baby in the bucket seat. And there is no guarantee you will have another baby who grows just like the first. :) My 1st was 25lbs at a year. 2nd and 3rd? 18.5 and 19lbs. At 10 months my first looks like a linebacker compared to her sisters. :love:

cookie123

Sorry, I can't remember specifics, but Matthew outgrew the Keyfit 22 by height at 10 months. I think he was also close to the weight limit. Unless you want to keep your kiddo in the infant seat for a really long time, it would probably be adequate.

RommiesMommy

I would say it just depends on how much use you want out of it and how your kids grow, you can never know how a child is going to fit into one.
I personally am very glad that I ended up with the 30. My daughter is 22 months and still rides in it perfectly fine, though she is being upgraded next week so that the new baby can move into this one.
She just hit 23 lbs last month but fits height wise still, had I had one with the 22 limit we would have had upgrade her sooner and at a point in time were we didn't have the budget to. We have been watching her growth closely to make sure she doesnt max out height wise and at this point in time has 1.5 inches left still.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC