Checking interest: Kiddy World Plus

Albagail

$150 plus half of actual shipping or make me an offer!

I have a Kiddy World Plus that I bought from another member here. I used it briefly on a vacation this past summer, and here and there since then as a spare seat, but now my almost 6 year old is 40lbs, I'm not comfortable using it for my almost 3 year old yet, and I don't really love it as a booster so...is there any interest here? I'm not really sure what to ask. It's in GUC, with it's main flaws being peeling stickers and minor fabric staining. Lavender cover. Not sure off the top of my head of the DOM, but I can pull it out of the closet to check if there's interest. I can also provide pictures upon interest. I've got the itch to buy a new seat, and I can't without getting rid of something, so make me a reasonable offer!

Last edited:
ADS

JCsMomma

Is this still available? If so, I'd love to see pics. I am interested in finding one to use in booster mode. I'd have to buy a new cover though... I'm in Southern CA.

Albagail

I might be interested but no idea what to offer!

So sorry I didn't answer sooner! I just saw your response. Unfortunately, I think it might be prohibitively expensive to ship so far. I do have family in Huntsville though, and we will be coming back to visit sometime in the next 6 months or so, so if it doesn't sell before then and you're still interested, I could bring the seat and drive to meet you! :)

Albagail

Is this still available? If so, I'd love to see pics. I am interested in finding one to use in booster mode. I'd have to buy a new cover though... I'm in Southern CA.

It is available still and I'd love to sell it locally! Let me look for some pics real quick and I'll get back to you!

Albagail

These are the only pictures I have on my computer, but I'll get some better ones tomorrow afternoon!

Attachments

• 478587_3792567846836_1106608438_o.jpg
    478587_3792567846836_1106608438_o.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 290609_3794563296721_65376115_o.jpg
    290609_3794563296721_65376115_o.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 105

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she passes I may be interested... you even have the color I want... Did it get checked on an airplane or anything?

P.S.- how long have you been at Pendleton? I had a gal in my tech class whose husband was stationed there and some family group on base was paying for her certification. (I took my tech class down in SD.)

Albagail

If she passes I may be interested... you even have the color I want... Did it get checked on an airplane or anything?

P.S.- how long have you been at Pendleton? I had a gal in my tech class whose husband was stationed there and some family group on base was paying for her certification. (I took my tech class down in SD.)

It has never been checked, dropped, or otherwise mistreated. :)

We've been at Pendleton for six years now. I just got certified in December, and I paid for it out of pocket. That's awesome that there is a resource on base willing to pay! I wish I'd known! :rolleyes:

JCsMomma

I may have found one in a gender neutral color (it will be for my DS) so if Ketchupqueen wants this one I'm good with that. If she passes, will you PM me with what you're thinking on price? I may not be able to swing it plus a new cover anyway...

Albagail

Here are some pictures. They don't really show the discoloration/staining on the seat and headrest. I wouldn't call it significant, but it is definitely more noticeable IRL than in these pictures. I have not machine washed the cover (I'm not even sure what the manual says about that), just wiped it with a damp cloth. I also haven't done anything to try and fix the peeling sticker, nor have I contacted Kiddy to see about possible replacement. My daughter says she didn't pick at it and that it just started peeling, but... :shrug-shoulders: The insert cushion has been used once; it's in perfect condition. I have the manual and the (blank) registration card. I paid $220 for the seat, and it has a manufacture date of Jan. 18, 2012, so only 15 months gone from it's ten year lifespan. I guess I'd like to ask $180 for local sale, or that plus half of actual shipping elsewhere. I'm open to negotiation, and I'm also specifically looking for a toddler Kinderpak, or possibly other comparable toddler carrier, and feel free to try me out on any other trades, too!

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 72

Albagail

I got a picture that shows the stains on the seat, but now I think they actually look MORE noticeable here than they are in real life...sigh... The seat is the only place with spots like these. The back is pristine, and the head wings just have some discoloration on the edges that I can't for the life of me get to show up in a picture.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 52

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm,, the spots are not bothering me but the stickers are. Since I'd use it for teaching. Can you call Kiddy and ask what they say about the sticker? I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll pass, with regret.

JCsMomma

I was able to find a grey one that I went ahead and purchased. Almost wish I could get this for my DD because she really wants a purple seat, but she's already 37lbs :(

Albagail

Hmm,, the spots are not bothering me but the stickers are. Since I'd use it for teaching. Can you call Kiddy and ask what they say about the sticker? I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll pass, with regret.

I will certainly call them and see what they can do. My tomorrow is busy, so it may be Thursday before I can get to it, but I won't forget, and I'll let you know what they say ASAP!

Albagail

I was able to find a grey one that I went ahead and purchased. Almost wish I could get this for my DD because she really wants a purple seat, but she's already 37lbs :(

I'm glad you were able to find one! I hope you love it - we sure loved ours until DD got so close to 40 lbs. I sure wish they would test that darn shield to a higher weight!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC