Check my 3 across please?!

MirMom

I have posted a couple threads about this already. I drive an 05 Ford Escape. I will be transporting an 8 week old, 21 month old and 4 year old beginning in August. These are seats that I have used.

8 week old in Chicco KF using LATCH in the middle (borrowed latch from either side)
21 month old RF in a MA70 outboard passenger seat using seat belt
4 year old FF in a Nautilus outboard driver seat using seat belt.

When just the KF base is in, none of the seats actually even touch. Once I put in the actual KF seat, they are definitely all 3 wedged together. However, I have taken it in and out several times and all 3 seats are still independently secure and tight. The door does not hit the Nautilus or the MA either.

Does this seem like it will work?

542488_10100630833172190_12911202_50654093_1841467965_n.jpg

528134_10100630833286960_12911202_50654094_1644804539_n.jpg

523049_10100630833361810_12911202_50654095_1412461822_n.jpg

ADS

Kaitsmom

Did you check your car manual to makr sure it allows center LATCH? Some Fords do and some dont. My Focus had it center, but my dads F150 prohibits it.

vangelder03

according to the chicco keyfit manual you are not allowed to use non standard spacing with latch. so the keyfit needs to be installed with a seatbelt in the middle. standard spacing is 11 inches and the middle seat of your car tethers is 16 inches. otherwise i would say your doing great.

Last edited:

djma

I agree with above, you cannot borrow the latch anchors.

Also, (and this may totally be wrong and I'm just going by my own kids torsos) but that seems like a low setting for the Nautilus for a 4 year old. Make sure the straps are above the shoulders. (Again, I apologize if they are correct, I just know that at 4, my kids were using higher slots in the Nautilus).

MirMom

I agree with above, you cannot borrow the latch anchors.

Also, (and this may totally be wrong and I'm just going by my own kids torsos) but that seems like a low setting for the Nautilus for a 4 year old. Make sure the straps are above the shoulders. (Again, I apologize if they are correct, I just know that at 4, my kids were using higher slots in the Nautilus).

I have a very petite 4 year old. ;) And she actually won't be 4 until May 1st. But appreciate the concern!

Aside from using a seat belt with the KF, does it look okay? As long as they are secure independently, it is okay that they are somewhat wedged together right?

featherhead

I would be checking every single time to make sure the Keyfit is properly latched onto the base. Grab it at each corner at the front of the seat (where babies feet are) and give a little tug to make sure the metal hooks are latched in.

MirMom

I would be checking every single time to make sure the Keyfit is properly latched onto the base. Grab it at each corner at the front of the seat (where babies feet are) and give a little tug to make sure the metal hooks are latched in.

Could the closeness of the seats make the seat come out from the base?

cookie123

I don't think it would be a problem. Just make sure it's latched in every time you use it.

I'm impressed how clean your car is. :)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Are you going to attach the RF tether for the Marathon? Also, is the seat belt in the blue lockoff in the Marathon? I can't tell. You're only required to use the one on the buckle side, but just wanted to throw that out there. :)

MirMom

I don't think it would be a problem. Just make sure it's latched in every time you use it.

I'm impressed how clean your car is. :)

Thanks! :) I have only had the car for about a month, so who knows what it will like a couple months from now.... ;)

Are you going to attach the RF tether for the Marathon? Also, is the seat belt in the blue lockoff in the Marathon? I can't tell. You're only required to use the one on the buckle side, but just wanted to throw that out there. :)

The seat belt is in the blue lock, but only on the buckle side. I actually am not using a tether for either seat right now, and I really need to do that! I know where the tether point would be for the Nautilus, but where would the tether point be for the Marathon? Would I use one of the tethers on the ceiling in the trunk or is there something else I can use? :confused:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
The seat belt is in the blue lock, but only on the buckle side. I actually am not using a tether for either seat right now, and I really need to do that! I know where the tether point would be for the Nautilus, but where would the tether point be for the Marathon? Would I use one of the tethers on the ceiling in the trunk or is there something else I can use? :confused:

Perfect on the lockoff!

Britax allows you to tether their convertible seats rear facing, vehicles in the US don't have a tether point for rear facing so you're going to create one by using the d-ring that should be clipped to the top tether. Usually the easiest place to do it is around the seat rail of the seat in front of it, just loop the d-ring around (sometimes you have to remove a plastic cover or shimmy underneath one) and attach the tether and pull it taught.

Here's the Britax video that demonstrates how to do it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFGtUAtRg"]BRITAX Convertible Car Seats: Installation Using Versa-Tether - YouTube[/ame]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC