Cheapest HBB?

ADS

PikkuMyy

Walmart has an Evenflo HBB (don't remember which model) for $30 or $35. I think the Cosco Pronto is between that price range as well. It's sold at Kmart.

boneheaderss

Evenflo Model is called the Big Kid :)

If it's only going to be used for a few days, you could also go for the Harmony Youth booster seat. It's backless though, but goes for as low as $13.50-$14 at Walmart.

PikkuMyy

no, it's for my oldest. She'll be turning 4 the week that we'll be using it for a couple of days on an out-of-state trip.

If she's that young, I would get a harnessed seat for her. If you're looking for something lightweight/easy to transport, look at the Evenflo Maestro.

She's got several months to go before she turns 4. If she was about to turn 5, I'd say go ahead and see how she does. I would recommend that you hold off on booster training until closer to 5.

I looked at the Maestro, but it's out of the price range for now. I'm for sure planning to keep her harnessed for a long time in the FR85, but need something else for this trip. I just tried her in the HBB today to see if it was even feasible. She'll stay in her harnessed seat until the trip, now, and then again when we get home. She'll only be in the booster for about 1.5 hours total, right when she turns four.

cantabdad

Just curious, is this the trip to DC that you'd asked about earlier? I was wondering what you ultimately decided -- it sounds like CARES + a new booster for the older child and then the younger one will use the Evenflo Triumph Advance that she usually uses? Or would you do CARES on the plane and then acquire a seat locally?

Our current plan is to use CARES on the plane and have the cheapest adequate Walmart seats we can find shipped to my brother's house, and then try to sell them on craigslist before we leave again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC