Change 3 year old back to RF??? Which seat?

NicoleWI

We were in an accident (everyone OK) this fall and have been using our back-up seats. I am finally getting new seats for our 2014 Honda Odyssey.

DS just turned 3 and is about 36" tall and only 28 pounds. He was in a Britax Boulevard and we moved him to FF this summer, since he was very frustrated by not being able to see the same things out the window as his big sister. Should I consider re-rear-facing him???? I don't know if he would put up with it. I could maybe get him to summer but I think we'd end up flipping him again at that point, so is it worth it?

If I do decide to try it, which seat would you recommend? Not Radian.

Thanks.

ADS

MommyShannon

That's tough. RF is safer but FF a 3 year old isn't unsafe. I'd look at the True Fit (35lb rf limit), Graco MySize/Size4Me/Headwise, and SureRide. The NextFit is nice and tall too but doesn't seem as well liked FF so you probably wouldn't like it as well long term.

thepote

In that case I might look at the Foonf because of their FF technology (might be marketing, but who knows). It's the only convertible I can think of that might have an advantage in the FF department. It also works well in an Ody (not so much in a sedan).

Or I might just stick with FF.

FWIW, if it were me I would buy a Radian and RF to 4-ish, and then have the Radian for a narrow back-up seat for DH's car or 3-across situations. Why no Radian love??

NicoleWI

Thanks, all, I am leaning towards a harness to booster.
Radian--We have an XTSL (or something like that) and I have just never liked it. I know people love the brand, but I cannot get that seat to stay installed right and it just doesn't seem comfortable to me.

MamanMag

I'm actually thinking about RFing my 3yrs old twins again... I had to FFing them because of their height (they are taller than the RFing limit height of the CCO's) but after reading again a lot about RFing, I'm thinking about changing their seats... I would like to use the Orbit Baby toddler seat that I already have and maybe buy another one or the Recaro ProRide or the Foonf... I still feel that because of our kids low stat's (my twins are pretty much the same size and weight than yours :)) they would be safer RFing...

Just to let you know that you are not alone thinking about RFing again and I wanted to share the options that I was looking at...

Hope this help a little bit ;)

Mag

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC