Carseats compatible with certain vehicles.

Mnleow

Dd is going into a booster now. I am trying to find a booster that will work well in my mil Acadia (2012). She just outgrew her harness for the Graco Nautilus. We have been using it as a hbb. It is not working well for her in the Acadia. Both kids sit in the third row. It's been a long time since I have needed the list of compatible car seats.

I remember one time there was a drop down menu/calculator type of thing. It told you which seats would work. Anyone know what I am talking about? :)

ADS

Baylor

How long ago was that? You just joined was it something you saw recently? Sounds cool.

Does the arcadia have a lower roof line at the third row? Because that is an issue in my van also. I have to put HBB in the middle for my oldest. He can use a lbb in the rear though.

Mnleow

It has been 4+ years ago. The seat fits head wise, she has trouble buckling it and I would like more seats to pass down to younger cousins. Safety first, but I selfishly wouldn't mind a lighter seat for her as well. She will be 7 in a few days, I am thinking about the nbb since she sits well, headrest etc. it has side airbags. I just want to make the best decision possible, my mil is amazing, we are in her car often.

I will admit I struggled putting her in a hbb, she had no room left in the harness. Ugh!

Mnleow

Maybe I should add-- I know this sounds bad but I am kinda looking for a CPST to give me the ok (I have mom guilt- educated decisions) to use a nbb. I need to have a clear conscience if anything would happen, best practices kwim?

Dd while sitting on the third row seat can touch the floor with her legs, the shoulder belt is not in the proper spot though, the tummy part is on the fence for correct location.

Last edited:

Baylor

You can look up many threads were there is a discussion about if a hbb is any safer than a lbb. AT 7 I would have no problem with a lbb as long as the belt fit was good and there was proper head support.

Im sure a tech will be here soon.

Mnleow

Thanks! We are going to BRU to try a bunch out, I just hate that worry/guilt feeling. I have always been that way, having kids has just intensified it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC