Cars affected by SuperLATCH loosening - Video included.

aisraeltax

though its hard to know whether we are talking about the same thing, i think my mechanism does fall right between the belt path and the botton of the seat....it should be fine...but its not if a child moves it (and yes, if i do..but that isnt what im worried about so much). with such little movement, what would be the result in a really bad accident like a rollover? would htat be enough "movement" for this to come loose and if so, what would happen then?

as i told SK, we purchased our car and our car seats with teh number 1 concern being car safety. period. no other factor comes even close to our concerns about safety. I have yet to drive around w/ my son in this seat since taking that video yesterday.

ADS
Z

zakoh02

2004 Ford Explorer, 2nd row, RF, OB LATCH. I contacted SKJP and got this email from them:

Hi
I am sorry for the difficulty you are having with your car seat LATCH system. Below are some LATCH tighening tips which have helped other customers.

Rear Facing:

Press downward with one hand on the front seat bottom(front part of seat where child’s legs are).
Pull upward on the LATCH/UAS strap with the other hand until tight. (page 15 in manual)
Last step is to snug the top tether. Tighten it so it is not loose.
Remember LATCH/UAS strap is very tight and top tether is snug.

Forward Facing:

Make sure top tether is loose during installation
Pull free end of LATCH strap through back of seat (manual page 21, fig 6)
Kneel in car seat with knee (where child’s bottom would), with shoulder leaning against Radian’s seat back, pull LATCH/UAS strap straight up toward ceiling, using both hands to pull strap.
Wiggle the seat to make sure it is installed tightly.
Repeat process if it needs additional tightening.
Last step is to tighten the top tether so it is not loose.
Remember LATCH/UAS strap is very tight and top tether is snug.

In order for us to better serve you, please send the following information. Once we have your information we can send you a replacement LATCH with an updated tilt lock mechanism.
Car seat serial number
Car seat model number
Date of manufacture
Your address

Susan
Sunshine Kids

I will also be filing a complaint with the NHTSA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC