Car seats in a crash

I was in a fender bender a couple weeks ago. It was the other guys fault, we were at a dead stop. Anyways we heard the the car seats need replaced after a crash no matter how serious it was. First they made us drive over two hours to get the damag assessment, I didn't have the money nor the gas to do this. Then the woman I talked to in claims about the car seats told me I had to go out a purchase my new seats them mail in the receipts and then they would reimburse the money to us. But I don't have the money to do this. I don't have any money and they are making me drive all over the place and put up the money for car seats? Is that right? What should I do? When I say I don't have any money I mean it, no savings, live paycheck to paycheck, and no credit cards either to charge and pay back later. Should they have to pay me first? Thank you for listening and I can't wait to hear back from you.

Alexzandra Fisher
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Different insurance companies do it different ways. I've had to buy and get reimbursed, others have a check for the value of their seats directly deposited. It depends on the company, office, and adjuster.

Do you need recommendations for seats that are more budget friendly?

Wendy

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Would it be possible for a friend or family member to loan you the money and you could pay them back once the insurance reimbursement comes through?

AllieK

Do you have full coverage for your vehicle? If so, your insurance company should make you whole again, regardless of fault. Often this is quicker than waiting for an adjuster to determine fault and issue a settlement.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC