Car seats and Disney World

shllywlly

Ok...we are flying to Disney in 15 days and I plan on taking both our seats for the plane. I wanted both the kids to be in their seats on the transportation to the parks too, but I've since learned that's not possible. Apparently it's about 30 minutes from airport to resort. The coaches do not alloy carseats. Also....Transportation to/from resort to the parks are by bus (similiar to city transportation). They also do not allow car seats. Should I be ok with this? Are there any other options? we can't afford to rent a car for the whole week. The thought of having to drive from park to park ourself seems like a pain. THat's why we booked at a disney resort. Please ease my mind about this or tell me there's another option.

ETA: DS is 2.5 and DD is 15 months.

ADS

ali's mom

We went to Disney 2 weeks ago and took advantage of the Magical Express from the airport. My 6 month old sat on my lap because of the no carseat rule. Depending on which resort you are staying at, you may be able to get to some of the parks by boat or monorail, which children can ride in their strollers on. You could always get a taxi from the airport. Mears Transportation is the big taxi, limo and bus company there.

personally i'd look at a taxi for the ride from airport to hotel. 30 minutes is a long drive for kids to be unbuckled. we have all seen what happens in an accident with kids on adults laps. park to park shouldn't be too bad as they are generally short rides.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
With your children's ages, I would definitely want to use seats on the plane... not only for the safety aspect but for the comfort and containment aspect. ;)

What seats are you taking?

I'm guessing that you will have at least two adults... meaning one adult per child. I may get flamed for this, but I would not be super worried about taking my children on Disney's Magical Express. From my understanding (and the one I saw at Disneyland), it is a huge commuter bus and not exactly invisible to other vehicles on the road. If you have your youngest still in a carrier (SS1, ect), then I'd probably see if I could just keep the baby in there for on ME... otherwise I would be comfortable taking my children on the bus. Especially since you will have a one parent to child ratio.

That said, when we went to Disneyland for the first time, my kids were 4.75 yo and 20 months. We opted not to take ME and instead paid for a shuttle (15 passenger van). I just wasn't comfortable with them being out of a carseat at such a young age. Although, I have to say, that neither my dh or myself were safe in that vehicle. There were lapbelts everywhere, no head restraints and they drive like idiots with a loaded van. IF we had gotten into a collision, we would have not fared well. The commuter bus would have been safer in that instance, imho.

No one can tell you what to do... you need to make an educated decision that works for your family. If you are planning on taking a taxi (7 passenger van) vs. ME, then I would probably do the taxi. If you are planning on taking a shuttle (15 passenger van) vs. ME, then I would probably do ME.

Just my :twocents:

ali's mom

Yes, the Magical Express is a huge bus like at Disneyland. They even show you a movie on the way to the resort to get you pumped up on Disney!:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC