Car seat addiction.

aym4Him

I bought 2 seats tonight :p.

Found the Scenera 1st- $24. On the way back home, found a Maestro for $43. Would have only bought the Maestro had I seen it first, though.

That makes 3 seats in one week. DH has made fun of me all night long.

I think I'm going to return the Scenera now that we have a Maestro (will be for the in-law's car/travel seat). I like that DS can still ride RF for a bit in the Scenera but I think he'd be more comfy in the Maestro and we'd get more use out of it.

Just thought I'd share. DH says I'm no better than those of you with 10 or more seats. LOL. :rolleyes: The funny thing is, the cashier was saying the prices out loud as she scanned our items. When she scanned the Maestro, she said, "$17.." We were like :eek: and were about to go to the back and grab the other one that was on clearance! She then realized she scanned the wrong bar code (it beeped but didn't register) and the $17 was actually for the pair of jeans she'd just rung up! Man, what a deal THAT would have been! :D

ADS

thepote

Anyone ease up on their addiction in recent years?

At one point I had like 9 seats (for two kids in seats at the time) and HAD to try most of the seats out there. Now I have seats for each car (5), two travel seats, a radian for 3-across, and two NBB.

Wait, that's 10... okay, the NBB's don't count :D

Maybe it just feels like I haven't been buying them :eek:

medicmama

CPS Technician
It's a good addiction to have.....:love:

I have many more seats that kids. Last total was about 15..... Most are demo seats that will expire or crashed. ( I write on them so I don't get them confused).

MoreLatte

thepote said:
Anyone ease up on their addiction in recent years?

I have. Right now I have 6 seats for 3 kids (a set for each vehicle). I would have loved to buy up some of those awesome deals on wayfair but I just don't have that kind of disposable income. I can't justify buying them unless they're really needed. Right now, our OS Parkway is out of commission And it's what we use in my moms car but I just can't pull the trigger on a new one. Instead, we just take the Vivo from car to car.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I dunno how many I have now. I have a huge bedroom closet, which houses the seats I keep on hand for giveaway purposes... Usually two Sceneras, Turbos, and a few Literiders. Got a Maestro yesterday to add to the collection. I don't count those in "my" seats.

When I had the boys, I think I was at around 15 seats. They were either purchased for great deals and/or out of necessity, for the lowest price I could find. I needed totally different setups for different configurations.

I am down to "just" seven seats. iIn my car are the two in use, my spare backless and one that's about to expire. I have one spare in the spare bedroom, and two ib the dining room. One of those I'm keeping for when/if M goes ff, the other two I'd like to sell. Oh and there's an extra base in the bathroom (the closet is off the bathroom and I pulled it out without putting it back.)

Pre-cso I had a SR22 base, Evenflo Express, Scenera, Cosco Ventura (?) and three or four high rises...

One of these days I'll list out every seat I've ever owned...

carseatfreak

This is funny!

When I started on here we had classic MA's in my vehicle, dh's, and my mom's. We had to drive an hour and a half to get one. Not sold any closer than that. I don't know where I came across information on them before that to look for them. Dh's parents bought an evenflo triumph for their vehicle.

Since then...
1 Britax Frontier
3 GN's
3 Turbobooster's (highback)
1 Safety 1st Air Booster
1 SK Monterey
1 Harmony Literider
3 SR 22's with front adjust
2 MR
2 SK RN XTSL
2 More classic MA CS

Whew... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC