Can you recommend a RF seat?

nlay79

I have already purchased the Graco Smart Seat, Diono Radian RXT, Graco My Size 70 and Britax Advocate. Either my 8 month did not like them for various reasons or I didn't like something about them.

I am leaning towards getting a Britax Marathon Classic from Target but since there isn't any head wings I'm not 100% sure about that.

Can some of you recommend some more seats I could try? I drive a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan and the seat would be in the captains chair.

I would really appreciate any and all suggestions!

ADS

Brianna

What is it that you didn't like about them? Knowing what you don't like we can be sure not to recommend a seat that will have the same issue. There is no known proven benefit to head wings, so I wouldn't cross the seat off your list based on just that.

Phineasmama

Just a warning, the classic MA will install SUPER upright in your van. So you'd have to use a pool noodle or something if you want your baby to be comfortable at all.

nlay79

What is it that you didn't like about them? Knowing what you don't like we can be sure not to recommend a seat that will have the same issue. There is no known proven benefit to head wings, so I wouldn't cross the seat off your list based on just that.

The Radian was impossible to install. We got it as tight as it would go and I just didn't feel comfortable with it. It was tight at belt path and rear facing tethered but the shell moved alot.

The Britax Advocate was taller and since I'm short I could see it being a pain to get her in rearfacing. So, that was just simply me being picky.

The Graco My Size 70 was really hard to buckle and I pinched both kids thighs in it. The crotch buckle has no cover and after struggling to lock it I ended up pinching them. :(

The Graco Smart seat was my favorite! Installed rock solid and was fairly easy to use. But, those required harness strap covers ruined it for my baby girl. She screamed her head off because they dig right into her face.

I love our Britax Marathin classic BUT since there is not another crotch adjustment I can make I know the seat won't last. My 33 lb 3 year old can not use it anymore.

I am looking to find something that installs easily in my van, great harness adjustment, and all the other stuff is just a +++ in my book!

Thanks for all the help!

Phineasmama

The shell is probably going to move on just about any seat you install RFing, that's why you're supposed to test it at the belt path :confused:

Sounds like you have exhausted a lot of options. There is the Peg Perego convertible, the Maxi Cosi Pria, and of course the Foonf which is *maybe* coming out in the end of October/early November. I say maybe because it's been delayed a bunch of times but they keep saying now that it will be out in the next few weeks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC