Can someone post a photo for me?

christineka

I helped a lady at church today get her true fit in tight. I also told her to take her kid's poofy coat off in the seat and showed her the pinch test, so she need not strangle her kid;) She has a 2003 odyssey. It has latch, but I could not find the top tether and neither could she. I know it's on the lower part of the captain's chair, but I couldn't find it. It's the passenger's side passenger's seat where the car seat is installed. Will someone please take a photo and point out where that anchor is, please? (And if I could have permission to repost the photo on fb, I'd appreciate it. )

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I don't have a photo, but it's aaaalllll the way under the seat. It's like a U shaped bar. You can see it if you flip the seat forward.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
No photo here either but sometimes they have a stupid little flap like Subaru LATCH anchors that you have to move out of the way.

christineka

I don't have a photo, but it's aaaalllll the way under the seat. It's like a U shaped bar. You can see it if you flip the seat forward.

It sounds like this lady may need to buy a tether extender because the tether only went down to the bottom of the seat and there was no strap left.

christineka

Was it an Evenflo seat? Because I know they have a history of being too short, and extenders are available.

No, it's a true fit- the original. I had an evenflo tether extender, but got tired of it, thinking no one I knew would ever need one, so I gave it away... Just goes to show that I should keep everything, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC