Britax Marathon

kflek

There has been talk that Britax carseata go on sale around September. I found a Marathon Mariosa for $229 with free shipping and no tax. Do you think that's the cheapest it will get or should I hold off? I was waiting to get the Signo but I don't like that it dosen't teether rearfacing so I think I will get this even though it won't last as long.

ADS

bethng

There has been talk that Britax carseata go on sale around September. I found a Marathon Mariosa for $229 with free shipping and no tax. Do you think that's the cheapest it will get or should I hold off? I was waiting to get the Signo but I don't like that it dosen't teether rearfacing so I think I will get this even though it won't last as long.

$229 is a great price. I think the lowest right now is $209 for an Erin at albeebaby.com. I got my pink dc for $195 about 8 months ago. I would have to look at the receipt to remember from where. But $229 is good imo. And for that print! I would snap it up!

kflek

Great now my only question is my friend said the Marathon was so tall that her kids hit their heads in her car and my car is much smaller then hers (a Rav 4). Does anyone else seem to have that poblem with a Marathon? She told me to get the Roundabout but it won't last me long enough (she is going to put her daughter in a Booster at 3 and is trying to talk me into it too!!!!! Never!!!)

keri1292

If you install it properly it really sinks down into the seat. My kids had no problem in my hubby's dodge stratus. :confused:

Also, why would your friend shell out $250 for a car seat, then put the kid in a booster way too young? That's crazy! I spent the $$$ and I'm gonna use my seat til the expiration. :thumbsup:

crunchierthanthou

Great now my only question is my friend said the Marathon was so tall that her kids hit their heads in her car and my car is much smaller then hers (a Rav 4). Does anyone else seem to have that poblem with a Marathon? She told me to get the Roundabout but it won't last me long enough (she is going to put her daughter in a Booster at 3 and is trying to talk me into it too!!!!! Never!!!)

I haven't heard of kids hitting their heads, but the MA does sit up fairly high. I don't think it will be an issue in a RAV4, but I would go to BRU and try it in your car. If it does look like there won't be enough head room (I would guess you need 5-6 inches of clearance at the most), then you might want to consider the Radian. It sits much lower.

skaterbabs

I have on occasion bumped my daughter's head when getting her IN to her seat, but that's just because I wasn't watching the door frame closely enough. ;) Has very little to do with the seat itself.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
My 3 y/o has no problem getting in and out of his Wizards (same size as the Marathon) in my Saturn or my mom's Suzuki. No way would I get a Roundabout that would be used less for nearly the same price.

I also can not imagine putting my 3 y/o in a booster when I have a 65 lb weight Britax! :eek:

kflek

If you install it properly it really sinks down into the seat. My kids had no problem in my hubby's dodge stratus. :confused:

Also, why would your friend shell out $250 for a car seat, then put the kid in a booster way too young? That's crazy! I spent the $$$ and I'm gonna use my seat til the expiration. :thumbsup:

The Roundabout only goes to 40 lbs and her daughter is heavy so will hit 40lbs before or right at 3. She didn't want the Marathon becasue it sits so high so she said oh well she can be in a booster at 3 anyway. I think it's crazy to but to each her own I guess?????
When I told her I was leaving my kids in 5 point harnesses for a while she said oh I bet you watched that video that was going around? She said she didn't believe it. I was soooo upset!!!

libranbutterfly

Where are you getting a mariposa for $229???

kflek

Where are you getting a mariposa for $229???

UUGGHH!!! After all this talk I went back to the sight to tell you where and the price is now $269!!!! It must have been a misprint and they fixed it. I knew I should have gotten it then!!! I guess now I might as well get the signo for that price? I don't like the pattern of the Erin. I did see the Mariposa at a store about an 1.5 hours from me for $239. I should have bought that one then too. I never go there so it's to far for me to drive for that.

LuvBug

I was about to post the baby universe sale lol!
They say ALL their britax is on sale. It looks like 10% off everything. Then if you use ebates or mypoints or something similar you get rewards.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC