Britax Marathon vs. Pavilion?

jic

I have the opportunity because of a coupon to get two Pavilions for the price of two on-sale Marathons.

I have twins who are about to outgrow their infant seats (22 lb seats). One will be riding outboard in the the third row of our minivan while the other will be in an outboard captain's chair in the minivan (It's a Kia Sedona).

Is it the case that a Pavilion is really just a souped up Marathon?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
How old are the twins? What's your rf goal? Britax seats are not highly recommended because they have shorter shells (make you have to ff sooner) and are pricey. They are nice seats though.

jic

They are 6 months old. When I say "about to outgrow" I mean one of them just hit 18 pounds and the other is 16 pounds, but we're getting tired of the infant seats.

My kids are average or below average for height and weight, including the twins. My 3 year old is only 28 pounds and 36 inches and could probably RF forever.

I had already decided I would get Marathons, but I had never seen the Pavilion before until this sale event. It seems like it just has some extra features and I just wanted to know if there was really a significant difference or if it's just better to stick with the Marathon?

I'll take recommendations for other seats, but after being one of the first people to buy a Complete Air and getting screwed by that whole angle thing, I feel like I want a brand I know people trust and is easy to use.

ET: Our primary RFing goal is 2 years and 30 lbs, but we did just turn our 3-year-old around even though he can still RF because he is in the CA and the angle issue was a problem. My guess is we'd like the twins to RF to the new recommended requirements and that any time after that is a bonus. I know that's not a popular opinion but I would say by age 3 they will be turned FFing if they have not outgrown the RFing limits of their seats.

Thanks!

Kegracin

The Pavilion is a BLVD with the CS feature if I remember right. So you would need to decide if you think you need the Click and Safe technology (I have never played with them but reviews say its does not always work) and true head wings.

Also I don't know that any one can tell you if the Pavilion any safer then the Marathon to me the biggest difference would be the true head wings.

jic

Thanks, I thought the head wings were the biggest difference and the other differences were just perks.

I guess I just have to decide if I want the perks. I'm not concerned about either one being safer since they are crash tested the same.

This shouldn't be this hard, right? :p

jic

Ha, I just discovered that the discount coupon I have gets me the two Pavilions for less than 2 marathons. $200 each. Pretty sure I'll be getting these. :)

Wellllll... it only applies to one cover so both my kids are getting Blueprint... I do understand the love of Cowmooflage though and am sad that one isn't included...

Phineasmama

Blueprint is pretty though! I actually kind of like the head wings better on the BLVD type models than the new Marathons.

Plus you could always try and sell or trade for a different color of cover ?

amelia222

I know that you said you have decided on Britax seats, but one thing to consider is that installing them forward facing with the seatbelt can be quite difficult. I loved the Marathon for rearfacing but when my dd outgrew it I had to get another seat because the seatbelt install was that much of a pain forward facing.

lovemy2kidstw

amelia222 said:
I know that you said you have decided on Britax seats, but one thing to consider is that installing them forward facing with the seatbelt can be quite difficult. I loved the Marathon for rearfacing but when my dd outgrew it I had to get another seat because the seatbelt install was that much of a pain forward facing.

I haven't had any problems installing my MA70 FF with the seatbelt. I have installed it in a bunch of different vehicles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC