Britax marathon eclipse - Tan or Grey

psygrad

Re: Britax Marathon Eclipse - Tan or Grey?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking to buy the britax marathon eclipse from bestbuybaby too. I can't decide between the tan or grey. Is the tan nice? can someone post a picture? I heard that the way the tan color actually looks is quite different from the way it appears online. I heard it is lighter. Is that true?
Thanks for your help!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Out of curiosity, why the Marathon?

The tan is a pretty tan color. Kind of darker than the light tan most interiors are. The gray is like a dark heather gray. I haven't got pictures, I don't own either, just seen them a bunch doing checks.

Wendy

Shanora

Here is the Tan Eclipse I have
IMGP2731.jpg

(Yes I know the LATCH is upside down...it has been fixed...lol)

psygrad

Thank you for the picture.

I chose the marathon because it will hold my son until he is 65 pounds or for the next few years.
Why? What would you say is a better choice?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Very VERY few kids will make it to 65# in a Marathon. It's usually outgrown by height between 41''-45", or 35#-50#.

What is your son's age, height, and weight? What does he ride in now, and how does it fit?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Why? What would you say is a better choice?

Next few years, yes. 65 pounds, no way. Most kids outgrow the Marathon around 50-60 pounds tops. It has 16" top slots, maybe a hair over, so the majority of kids outgrow it by torso height around five years old. Something like a Radian or a True Fit, with 17.5" top slots gets most kids to six, even with the same weight limit. Also, the Marathon has a shorter shell than the Radian or True Fit, so it's outgrown rear facing sooner. It also has less leg room than the Radian and True Fit, a six year lifespan instead of an eight for the Radian and seven for the True Fit. So given the price of it, it's not terribly cost effective. It's a nice seat, but IMO, not worth the money they charge for it anymore. You can get a True Fit for $150 and a Radian 65 for under $200. Even the brand new top of the line, 45 pounds rear facing Radian XTSL is $280, same as a Marathon.

I'd also look at the Safety 1st Complete Air, Graco My Ride (same size as the Marathon, but for $160, and with a 40 pound rear facing limit), and Evenflo Triumph Advance before I looked at a Marathon. Like I said, it's not a bad seat, but it's certainly not the longest lasting and it is one of the most pricey.

Wendy

Shanora

My 4 year old is 35 pounds, and has about 1-1.5 inches of growth left in his MA. But when sitting in the My Ride, he has atleast 3-4 inches of room (room to grow into the second from top slot and the top slot).

He's going to be moving into the Frontier once he out grows the MA. But like most, I bought into the Britax is the best out there thing. I don't regret my purchase (LOVE my covers for the seat), but I also know that I have to buy him a new seat probably within the next year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC