britax MA latch

ADS

aeormsby

Probably not. Your vehicle manual should say where you can use Latch.

If you're not sure just install it with the seatbelt in the center or with Latch (or seatbelt) outboard.

mommycat

I don't have my LATCH manual on me and I don't recall what Ford's stance on borrowing is. Hopefully someone with a manual will come along. What does your vehicle manual say?

Like Ann said, you can install with seatbelt center or outboard latch for the time being.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Probably yes. Ford allows you to use the LATCH as long as the bars are between 11 and 20 inches apart, and so does Britax. I think the Escape center LATCHes are less than that (I know it's ok in my 2006, for sure!). Get out a yardstick and check to be sure, while you read the vehicle manual.
Problem is? The LATCHes in this situation are over the buckles, so you can't get to the buckles for the outboard passengers to use their seatbelts! Never put anyone else in the back, and it's not a problem, at least.

jfkmama

Thanks!
I didn't think about the outboard seat belts not being accessible if I install with LATCH in the center. The center seat belt is broken, so I can't do a center seat belt install. I'm trying to figure out what to do when my sister & BIL are down to visit and we go out together (Me, DH, DS, sis & BIL). Looks like we'll be driving DH's truck as he has enough seat belts for everyone. I've only got 4 seat belts in my car right now.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, give it a shot, anyway, maybe persistent adults can get buckled up (wriggle the buckles out around the LATCH?), I only did it for a second, thought my older boostered kids would find it completely impossible, and started over with a new arrangement :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC