Boosters, ugh!

draftsmith

Here is a picture of a tape measure on the seat, the bottom the tape is on the seat of the booster, right around 30" to the top. I think the measurements are similar in height to the Britax Parkway. This is why I can't figure out why it isn't recommended more, along with the IIHS recommendations as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

well I don't care as much for where the belt hits him in the monterey without the guide...

I like the turbo and the oobr (the leg issue doesn't bother me, I'd give him a footstool.

Have you tried the Recaro Probooster?

emandbri

I'm feeling out of the loop, I didn't know the B570 had latch. It isn't the brown I want but does have green, Elizabeth has about an inch in the harness of her nautilus.

Athena

Here is a picture of a tape measure on the seat, the bottom the tape is on the seat of the booster. I think the measurements are similar in height to the Britax Parkway. This is why I can't figure out why it isn't recommended more, along with the IIHS recommendations as well.

I don't see a picture? Are you like me and forgot to add the pic? :) I'll go look up the parkway height on the measurements database.

I'm feeling out of the loop, I didn't know the B570 had latch. It isn't the brown I want but does have green, Elizabeth has about an inch in the harness of her nautilus.

I don't know if I forgot about it or didn't know, but it does seem like a good option for us. My DD has about 1mm at most left in her Nauti. But she normally rides in a Frontier, so I've been putting this off.

Athena

I'll go look up the parkway height on the measurements database.

21.5? That sounds good. Out of curiosity, I tried to look up the booster shoulder height for the Frontier, but found that cell blank in the database. But if it's 21.5, I would think that ought to get most kids a few years after the nautilus harness is outgrown.

Thanks for all the help!

OP: Have you solved your dilemma? Sorry for my little hijack.

Heather98012

If it were me....I'd go with the Monterey. He loves the color, the belt looks good to me both ways, & it's latchable. Have you made a decision?

keri1292

Are the belt guides optional on the old Monterey? That may solve my problem in the 3rd row of our T&C. Hmmm...

ginny4

i don't see anything wrong with the fit of the nautilus. sure the TB & oobr give a lower belt fit (TB being lowest) but the nautilus looks acceptable to me.:confused:
the monterey is good too.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Heather98012 said:
If it were me....I'd go with the Monterey. He loves the color, the belt looks good to me both ways, & it's latchable. Have you made a decision?

Yup, path of least resistance...keeping the Monterey. The tech in me is a little uncomfortable, but the mom in me is happy!

keri1292 said:
Are the belt guides optional on the old Monterey? That may solve my problem in the 3rd row of our T&C. Hmmm...

Not sure, but my guess would be yes. Can't hurt to call and ask! :)

ginny4 said:
i don't see anything wrong with the fit of the nautilus. sure the TB & oobr give a lower belt fit (TB being lowest) but the nautilus looks acceptable to me.:confused:
the monterey is good too.

I said the GN was so so...acceptable fit but I felt lap fit could have been better. I would have been fine with it from a safety standpoint but he could NOT buckle it himself. It would not work for us as a daily booster from a practicality perspective.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ginny4

I think I totally skipped the words & went straight to the pics. LOL however I had the impression from others that the GN didn't provide a good fit which I happen to disagree with

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC