Booster Training

shanniesue2

My son is less than a pound from outgrowing the seat he rides in when he's with the grandparents. So tonight we bought him a turbo booster. He will be 6 next month, he is 39.2 pounds, and about 42" tall (if I remember correctly from his last doctor's appointment a month or so ago). We put him in it in our minivan, and the lap and shoulder belts fall at good positions. So before he rides with grandpa and grandma again, I want to work with him on booster rules. I've looked for threads in the forums and blog, but I'm not finding a quick reference. So basically what I want to work with him on is: 1) sitting up straight at all times and not reaching further than the cup holders to get something, and 2) correct positioning of the belt and not putting the shoulder belt under his armpit.

I know there is the issue of sleeping in a booster and not leaning over. Are there any tips for dealing with that?

What am I missing? I know I'm missing something.

ADS

Baylor

I booster trained on less busy roads and made sure they understood it was important to sit straight in the booster. My kids learned to sleep with their heads back on resting on the head wings.

veggiegirl228

Explain how you'll pull over if not following the rule. Less busy roads is excellent way to practice. When booster training I explained if she wasn't following the rules I'd pull over and put her in the harness seat. No unbuckling till it's safe to do so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC