Question Booster seat tilts in 3 across installation

L

Lukie

I'm hoping someone can help me. Im new to ths board, so I hoe I put ths in the right spot.

I have a 2003 Accord. My 5 year old is in a high back Graco turbo booster on the passenger side, my 2 year old in a rf radian in the middle, and my 10 month old is in a rf Britax on the driver's side.

The problem is that my 5 year old's booster tilts toward the middle because the edge of my backseat is higher than the middle. I buckle him and push him as far toward the Radian as I can and he still tilts.

I don't think moving him to the middle would work because I don't think there'd be enough room to squeeze my hand in there to buckle him, plus I'd be afraid he or I would unbuckle one of the other carseats accidentally.

Any suggestions?

I have a pic and I can't figure out how to load it. :/

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

I think a harnessed seat would help quite a bit. That way you just buckle him from the front. I did a three across last week in a 2002 Accord with a rear facing Britax, forward facing Radian (so wider at the backseat than yours), and a Harmony Defender. It was tough work, but probably easier than trying to get my hand in there every day. Rear facing the Radian would have made life easier, for sure. So I'd probably try that, honestly.

You have the screws in the armrests of the Turbo?

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC