Bob Revolution Question

baby hungry

I'm considering buying a Bob stroller, but am worried about them fading. Anyone have the plum or black color? Has the sun faded them much?

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I currently have the Revolution SE (newest model) in black and it has not faded at all but it is fairly new. In the past I have had blue (the SUS in 2001 before BOBs were popular), two orange and an older black..none of them ever had issues with fading.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I just sold my 2007 Mesa (orange/brown) and it looked brand new, color wise. I HAVE seen some horribly faded though, and I just thought maybe they left them outside or something?

The color I see faxed the worst is red, though, for some reason (which is weird because red is by far not a popular color choice - I see navy by far the most around here)

mom2kandm

I just got the navy and love it. Its not too dark. I was on the fence about getting the stroller, but now i'm wondering why i waited so long. Good luck on your decision.

Mrs. Skeeter

I have a black 2010 BOB Revolution. It is just over 2 years old and it hasn't faded at all. It probably depends on storage. We store the stroller in the house but it is used frequently for running, trips to the park, or other outdoor activities. We rarely take it in the car and when we do it is stored in the trunk.

I think the plum is pretty!

Last edited:

Marvin711

My navy does not show any fading, it is about 2 years old, however it doesn't get used very often because it is a single. My orange duallie shows a little fading mostly on the sunshade in the creases but it has been used more.

equilibrium

Bobs don't have major issues with fading like mountain buggy's do!

I have one that is from 2007 (black) and still looks brand new. It has been stored inside most of the time but been camping with us, walking, used a LOT. it was the best baby gear investment we made.

If I was buying a brand new one I would pick that lovely plum colour!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Another thing I want to say about the fabric is that it is amazingly stain resistant (seriously, why can't they make everything out of that stuff?)

Like I said, mine was an '07, and had never been so much as wiped down. It wasn't filthy by any means, but the tan strips on the sides where DS would grip to climb in were dirty, as was the foot area a little. I posted on how to wash it, and got "hose it off" for the most part.

So I hosed it off, and barely touched it with a scrub brush. It was like magic, like one of those OxyClean commercials or something. I made DH come and watch me do the other side, lol.

And like I said, resale is amazing :D

ETA: I want to like the Plum, but I wish it was more like the Plum radians - the BOB just seems a shade or two darker than I'd like. If I had it to do over again I would get Orange again :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC