Best Seat for 2-year-old in Lexus hs 250h (small hybrid)

K

Kerry

When my daughter outgrew her infant seat, we got her a Combi Coccoro to fit in my small hybrid (Lexus hs 250h), and I can't imagine anything taller than that fitting rear-facing and leaving any leg room for a passenger in the front seat. We absolutely could not get it to install in the center -- there's no lower latch, and when we tried using the seatbelt, we just couldn't get it not to move all over the place, no matter how tight we got it. I think it is because the bump in the center is relatively pronounced. But the car manual doesn't say not to install there, and there is a top tether latch thing, so they must at least contemplate FF installs in the center.

Now, as a tall 21-month-old, I can see that she doesn't have a whole lot longer rear-facing in the Coccoro. I think we can make it to her 2nd birthday in February, but not much beyond that. Ideally, I would love to keep her rear-facing in my car (we can certainly keep her rear-facing in her Boulevard in my husband's car), but I just don't see how that would be possible unless there is a seat comparable in height to the Coccoro that fits well in back seats with centers with pronounced bumps. Has anyone found anything like that? Barring that, is there anyone out there with a Lexus hs 250h (or anyone else who has encountered a similar "bump" problem) who has found a car that installs well FF center?

ADS
K

Kerry

We haven't tried the Boulevard in my car yet, but it sounds like we should, based on some posts I've been reading here. I noticed that the base has sort of a curve in its design, so maybe that will accommodate the bump. We'll just have to see what kind of impact it would have on the front seats. Any other seats you'd suggest?

Phineasmama

If you're putting it in the middle, you could also try the Graco MySize 70, or one of the Evenflo convertible seats like the Triumph or Momentum.

I mean, it's probably easiest to try the Britax in there first since you already have one! But BabiesRus/ToysRus will usually let you try seats out in your car in the parking lot too :) It might just be a little bit of trial and error to see which one fits best in the middle and installs nicely with the middle seat belt.

Phineasmama

Oh the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 is another good one, I'm not sure how many stores actually carry them though. They are supposed to have them at some babiesrus, but they have them at BuyBuyBaby too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC