Question Best booster for 2004 Nissan Sentra - in Canada

Here's the end result:
fff.jpg

Here is the end result...although I think I'll be SWITCHING the POSITION of the seats as I don't like where the belt SITS on my son's shoulders (and they've gotten used to being in the positions) I'm pretty happy and so are they.
I HOPE they LOOK alright??? If not, please feel free to comment.
Julie

I've decided my 17" & 17 1/2" (5 & 7 1/2 year old, 42 & 50lb children) are going to go to boosters...we will be selling off our 2 Frontiers (once we make sure they're 2012 compliant! ;) and will be putting in HBBs in the 2 outboard positions...I REALIZE we COULD just convert the Frontiers to boosters but because our car is SMALL, I will be opting for a SHALLOWER booster so that I get some LEGROOM back and so that BOARDING is a bit easier for the children.

I hesitate to buy Turboboosters as they only go to 57"...would rather the 63" of the Britax Parkway SG/SGL...I realize that for a long-legged child the timeframe would be slightly longer...

1. What boosters install WELL in a 2004 Sentra???
  2. If I GOT the SGLs COULD I LATCH them in the 2004 or would it have to be 2005 onward??
  3. If an SG will DO, I saw a 2010 SG in Cowmooflage, if it's online for sale, does that mean it's COMPLIANT???
  4. (or are the 2012 complaint stuff only for NONdedicated boosters???)
  5. Or would anyone RECOMMEND a BETTER booster??? (for our particular car & model year)
I'm UNCLEAR...as often happens...and trying to find a post that 'suits' our situation...so that I don't OVERpost...but nothing quite FITS...so please FORGIVE me! 8)

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Best booster for 2004 Nissan Sentra

Just realize that a tall booster like the Parkway may not fully extend in your tiny car. My mom has an 03 and I know the Turbo is a pain to wrestle in there, it's not likely the Parkway which goes several settings higher would work on the top setting (though I've not tried.) If you have lower anchors (you should) you can use them with the SG--L.

Ellie173

I have a 2006 Sentra (I think they are the same size), and this is my problem as well. The top setting of the Parkway doesn't work in the back seat outboard as it hits the frame and the rear window. The Turbo Booster does make it to the top setting outboard. The old Parkway also just barely makes it and the Evenflo boosters can be adjusted all the way up as well. I cannot imagine the Frontier would last very long adjusted as a booster since the ceiling is so low, but I have not tried it. If you happen to find something that works post back, I am in the same situation!

Good luck!

My THOUGHT is that we'd go to BACKless when it's closer to the TOP...but will it actually INSTALL okay in our CAR???

Anchors: I THOUGHT it was only (possibly???) a 2005 & ONWARD that I can use the anchors with the PW?? God I'm getting TIRED trying to figure this OUT!! No WONDER so many use their seats INCORRECTLY...sigh!

Thanks ladies...hopefully someone ELSE will post too???
Julie

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Why are you thinking you can only use lower anchors for a booster that has them from 2005 onwards?

If your car has UAS (lower anchors) and your booster has it, use it. The anchors are only holding the weight of the booster, and the seat belt restrains the child.

Boosters are much harder to fit than harnessed seats, it's really a case of trying YOUR kids in YOUR car to know if it will work. A particular seat in your year of car that works for someone else may just not fit well on your children.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
When you get close to the top a backless may already be outgrown. Those are some dinky little headrests back there. They don't provide very tall head support.

Thanks ladies...after some constrenation ;) I think we've decided to STAY HARNESSED a while longer...and crazy me, I want to get 2 Radian RXT's...even if they ARE only going to be 'good' for a short time...whether we KEEP our Frontiers (to use later--hopefully in a bigger car!) or not is up for debate.
Am I CRAZY?? To go and buy new $$ seats just to harness another year or so?? I don't know...my GUT is telling me to harness...to my CHILDREN's dismay!!! (as they have been in BACKLESS unlatched 'telephone book' boosters--as I call them for 2 weeks)...
We will be GOING to Snugglebugz this weekend to TRY the seats OUT with our KIDS...and in the CAR...and my HOPE is that we LOVE the fit of the RXT's now $305 on sale 8) even though they have SK Montereys (black leather) for $179.99 and Diono Montereys for $144 right now on sale...I think I've more or less DECIDED I 'like' the HUG of the Monterey...but who knows WHAT is going to FIT the children and our car...
ANYthing's better than a BACKLESS BOOSTER for now...later fine ;) just not now IMO...
THanks a million ladies!! 8)
Julie

well our Frontiers have 18" topslots (2009 model not the XT which may be higher?)...from what I've read the RXT has 17 1/2 but allows a FF child to have the shoulder up to 1 1/2" over the topslot? Don't quote me...
Well I HOPE I'm 'right' and that this might WORK...otherwise I don't know WHAT I'll GET...I guess I'll put the Frontiers BACK and hope we never get in an accident and that my legs get decapatated <kidding>...I just wonder WHAT would happen if we ever DID get in one....
:confused: Julie

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Actually, there's no limit on how far over the shoulders can go, just under the limit and ears below top. However, on the xt model, the headwings limit that-they don't really let the shoulders go over the top slot at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC