Beco, Ergo, or Pikkolo?

zactayaus

I ordered a Pikkolo and it should be here TOMORROW(I hope so anyway!). I got it for $129 with a free waist belt. I hope I love it, since I sold my Ergo to get it. I loved my Ergo, but wanted to be able to face her out. Congrats on the Ergo!

That's an awsome price! Where did you order from?

ADS

Morganthe

Morganthe, That's good to know that it works so well for older kids. I haven't tried a back carry yet as I don't feel comfortable enough since Gavin is still so young (he'll be 4 months tomorrow), but I know dh can't wait to be able to carry him on his back. Maybe we'll try it in another month or so.

Honestly, I wouldn't put him in a back carry until he's at least 9-12 months old. Takes a bit of maturity and size to sit there, imo.

I carried a friend's child on my back a few months ago. 15 months old. She was 24lbs. So light, I'd forget she was there.
It was definitely strange. DD was 18 months old when I got the Ergo. I'd hand food to her over my shoulder. She'd whisper in my ear. We'd laugh & have fun.
This little girl, while interested, just didn't have the maturity to be alone on my back. Her mother had to attend to her needs rather often.

DH didn't use the Ergo with dd until she was 4 years old. His back is so long & broad, it was uncomfortable for her to sit up against his back and only see sideways. The patapum works better for him, even now. Besides, I hate HATE it when he adjusts the Ergo. It takes forever to tweak it back to the way I prefer it.

So -- separate carriers for each adult (unless you use near an identical fit) is a tip for a good marriage. ;) :D

cpsaddict

Oh you will love it! I would love to know what you think about the belt. Would you be willing to try it with and without and let me know? I have never felt like I needed one. DS is 21 pounds and I read on the site that you may start to need it after the baby is 20 pounds. So I am interested. :)

Sure. No problem. My dd is only 14lbs, but I wanted to make sure I had the belt if we needed it later on.

oxeye

This thread makes me want to try something else. I have a Beco that I really like but the Pikkolo looks so nice!! And the Ergo seems so soft.

I don't need another carrier. I don't need another carrier.

seamonkeys

Morganthe, That's good to know that it works so well for older kids. I haven't tried a back carry yet as I don't feel comfortable enough since Gavin is still so young (he'll be 4 months tomorrow), but I know dh can't wait to be able to carry him on his back. Maybe we'll try it in another month or so.
I started on the back when DS2 was 6 mths, about 17 lbs. It was after he was sitting up on his own. But I needed help getting him on there the 1st couple of times. After I got the hang of it I was fine.

cpsaddict

I got my Pikkolo today! I really like it so far, although it took some adjusting to get it just right, but I had to do that with the Ergo, too. It seriously felt like I wasn't even wearing dd. It was THAT comfortable. They didn't ship the waist belt with the carrier, so I have to wait to get that and I will let everyone know how it works.

desiree_leigh

My DD is 1 month younger than your DS and I've been doing back carries with my BabyHawk. I fold the body down a bit and toss her up there - she doesn't mind having her legs spread, she doesn't seem to need me much and I just make sure her hands are up where she can chew on them. She's fallen asleep a few times in there now. It can be awkward to put them on your back in the beginning but it's getting easier :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC