Be safe too wide in shoulders

seb3244

null_zps1887369c.jpg

null_zps2219e2b1.jpg

See how it looks like it can slip right off of her shoulder? Is this okay?!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Sometimes with the BeSafe I find that even newborns are at the 2nd harness strap position. If she is using the first set of slots and she is over the second set of slots you can move them up. That usually helps when the straps are falling off the shoulders.

seb3244

Sometimes with the BeSafe I find that even newborns are at the 2nd harness strap position. If she is using the first set of slots and she is over the second set of slots you can move them up. That usually helps when the straps are falling off the shoulders.

Yeah I wish I had known this before the hospital lol. I was rethreading right when we were ready to leave and I was so ready to get home that I thought what a pain in the neck

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Did moving up a slot help? It does have a wide chest clip. You can call Britax and see if there is a different one available they can approve for use with this seat (maybe the one on the chaperone?)

amandaclaire11

I'm not able to help at all, but it does look wide. Looking on google images, it looks to wide on almost all the very little babies. I hope someone can tell you if that's safe.

Your baby girl is precious :)

seb3244

Did moving up a slot help? It does have a wide chest clip. You can call Britax and see if there is a different one available they can approve for use with this seat (maybe the one on the chaperone?)

I will call them tomorrow.
Also I have noticed when I pull the straps right in our b safe and advocate that they suck in unevenly :( no tangles or anything just uneven

katymyers

The B Safe has a continuous harness, pull up from the hips to even it out. If your Advocate is uneven make sure you have the straps nested correctly on the splitter plate, one strap is longer than the other and must be nested over the shorter one in order for them to be even.

ETA: my 4lbs preemie came home in a B Safe, the first couple times I hated the chest clip, I found if I pushed the straps onto her shoulders while tightening the harness it helped a lot. Using the correct harness slot and not over tightening also helps a lot.

seb3244

So I called Britax The lady recommended me to purchase a $30 body pillow so I did and she also told me that it is unsafe for the baby to ride if one of her shoulders it's not underneath the straps completely. So it looks like we're not going anywhere where Or I may just use our nextfit until our body pillow gets here in the mail

katymyers

That's Aubrei doing her car seat challenge. You can't see the chest clip but you can see the shoulders. The straps go a bit wide but are definitely on her shoulders. I never had issues when I tightened the harness like I mentioned above.

Attachments

• image-2123204063.jpg
    image-2123204063.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 81

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I used the b-safe with my last baby and she was definitely on the second set of straps from day one. I also found the fit much superior without the insert(I called and Britax told me it was only optional ) so removed it and used rolled receiving blankets.

Attachments

• image-625279157.jpg
    image-625279157.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

seb3244

What a cutie! Looks great on her. So my iPhone had no space to take photos today. I will post some tomorrow. But from the looks of it compared to these other baby girls I didn't have it tight enough around the legs (compared to my 1st two pics) and maybe that was my problem? I will get it tighter around the legs tomorrow and take some pics

Meg

My little one looked the same in her seat. We had no issues due to the wide chest clip. I really loved the B-Safe. I don't remember ever having issues with the harness being uneven. From what I remember, she started off on the second harness slot.

Last edited:

Cath3114

Mine also started on the second harness slot. FTR - because I forgot this part and only found it in the manual when searching if I could remove the insert - crotch buckle has to be in the outer position once they hit 11#. The insert can also come out at that weight, according to the rep I spoke with.

We were on the third slots with the insert in and crotch buckle in the inner position but had to go back to the second once I moved the buckle and removed the insert.

seb3244

null_zpsd417e8dc.jpg

Here she is today. I think holding on to the chest clip while tightening helped. Thanks everyone for their pics and suggestions. Once I receive that $30 pillow from britax I will post a pic of that too. 8lbs 7 oz

Hey do the straps look good? Tight enough right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC