Baby Trend EZ-Loc infant car seat?

Auntie2six

Is this an ok seat? I pulled mine out of storage, but I have misplaced the base to it, so does it install ok without the base? And is it outgrown quickly? My nephew is 10 months and 18 pounds, I wanted to use this one instead of my crappy Cosco one. It was manufactured in 2007 so its not expired, I totally forgot I had it!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's probably fine, but I wonder if a baby that large would fit in it, the seatback is kind of short (remember it's outgrown when the top of the head has an inch of space to the top of the seatback). The stickers on the side should show how to install it without the base, if you can't find the manual. :)

Auntie2six

Yea I was wondering if he has outgrown it or not yet, I won't be able to see that until Friday night when he comes over. Is the shell on this seat shorter than the Cosco designer 22?

skylinphoto

Is it like the flex loc?
The flex loc's headrest portion goes above the outer shell. And it's reinforced so there needs to be an inch 'headrest' above the head. I don't know if all baby trend seats are like that though...

Auntie2six

The EZ-LOC has an adjustable headrest too, does anyone know if the shell including headrest is taller than the Cosco Designer 22 seats shell?

Pixels

Just make sure of the model, some of the LATCH-Loc seats' bases were recalled.

The base only was recalled, not the seat itself, and the OP stated she doesn't have the base anyway.

There are two BabyTrend seats, with several different bases. One seat is the fixed back, with harness slots, and you unthread and rethread the harness to move up. The other is the adjustable back, which has only one set of harness slots, and a knob in back that you turn to adjust the harness height. All of the pieces (bases and seats) are interchangeable, so if you wanted to get a new base, you could use it with your old seat.

Other than a version that was just released a month or two ago, BabyTrend seats have a 22 pound limit. There might be some with a 20 pound limit, so check yours.

My 10 month old, average height, 16 pound daughter still fits in hers with inches to grow.

It installs ok without the base. It's doable, but not something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I haven't needed noodles with it to install without the base. It's a bit of a pain to use that way, because if you put the kid in first, it's difficult to press down on the seat enough to get it tight during installation. If you install it first, the belt makes it difficult to get the kid in the seat, and then buckled. What I would do (and have done) is put kiddo in first, and then work around the child to get the seat installed.

Auntie2six

The base only was recalled, not the seat itself, and the OP stated she doesn't have the base anyway.

There are two BabyTrend seats, with several different bases. One seat is the fixed back, with harness slots, and you unthread and rethread the harness to move up. The other is the adjustable back, which has only one set of harness slots, and a knob in back that you turn to adjust the harness height. All of the pieces (bases and seats) are interchangeable, so if you wanted to get a new base, you could use it with your old seat.

Other than a version that was just released a month or two ago, BabyTrend seats have a 22 pound limit. There might be some with a 20 pound limit, so check yours.

My 10 month old, average height, 16 pound daughter still fits in hers with inches to grow.

It installs ok without the base. It's doable, but not something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I haven't needed noodles with it to install without the base. It's a bit of a pain to use that way, because if you put the kid in first, it's difficult to press down on the seat enough to get it tight during installation. If you install it first, the belt makes it difficult to get the kid in the seat, and then buckled. What I would do (and have done) is put kiddo in first, and then work around the child to get the seat installed.

Thanks! this was very helpful, I knew you had a baby trend seat because I saw your post with your little cutie the other day, but I couldnt find it! lol. My seat is the 22lb version with the adjustable headrest and 1 harness slot. I think my nephew may still fit in it, maybe for only a month or so but thats ok, he only visits about 1-2 times a month and I will get him a scenera or something if its outgrown and just use his cosco one until then, which he hasn't outgrown yet, its just a rear adjust and a pain! Thanks for the advise on installing without the base. I am not going to purchase a base because he might have outgrown it already or he might be pretty close to having outgrown it, and its only for this weekend anyway, so if he fits then great! I was excited when I pulled it out of storage because I thought I remembered it having a 2 piece crotch buckle type thing but its a puzzle buckle! :thumbsdown:

Pixels

Here's the most recent photo of her in the BT, so you can see how much room she has. This photo has the adjustable back raised all the way up. This photo contains misuse. The straps should be at or below her shoulders for RFing.
picture.php

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I really love the way that seat fits in the crotch. SOOO much better than the Graco infant seats, and even better than the Keyfit on some babies.

Auntie2six

I really love the way that seat fits in the crotch. SOOO much better than the Graco infant seats, and even better than the Keyfit on some babies.

Speaking of the crotch strap, the one on mine is like super long,there is no way to adjust it either. There is this belly pad looking thing that is sewn into the cover near the feet that has a flap on each end, it covers the front adjust button, I was wondering if the crotch strap goes behind or in front of the pad, kinda hard to explain.

Pixels

The front adjust button is directly under the flap, with the harness adjuster strap coming out the front of the flap (the end closer to baby's feet). The crotch strap comes out the back (closer to baby's hips).

The crotch strap is adjustable length. Instructions for how to adjust it are on page 34 of the manual.

Auntie2six

Ok so I figured out how to adjust the crotch strap, thanks so much! I just tried to install it without the base in the center and outboard positions and it just doesnt install well. I route the belt through the guides on the sides of the seat and it like gets stuck in those when I try to tighten it. The sides tighten but in the center between the two guides there is some slack left still. I mean it isn't impossible to do but it is pretty difficult!

Pixels

Yes, I have had that happen. The slack doesn't get caught in the middle so much as on the side opposite the buckle for me. I think they didn't smoothe the plastic enough or something, so the belt doesn't slide freely. I just pay attention to it, and make sure I get it all worked out, but for your average user? :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC