Are there US seats that don't support ERF & EH?

Joddle

So, I know about all of the seats you guys recommend on here and how they are excellent for ERF & EH :D.
But I'm wondering if there are any seats that still only have the bare minimum weight limits for RF and FF?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Graco Comfortsport comes to mind immediately. 30 pounds rear facing, 40 pounds forward, and dismally low top slots.

If the Evenflo Tribute is still being made, it's very much in the same boat.

The Scenera, onSide Air, and Avenue are ok for rear facing and forward, but I don't think I'd call them extended harnessing at all. They're tall enough to get most kids to 35 pounds, but forward facing they may or may not get to booster age.

With the discontinuation of the Roundabout 40 and Diplomat, Britax is good to go.

The Combi Coccoro is tiny, but it's marketed as more of a niche seat for small spaces. You don't see it in stores to just buy, you need to look for it to find it.

Also by Combi, the Zeus 360 is 33 pounds rear facing, so not high, and 40 pounds forward. The Zeus Turn is 22 pounds (!) rear facing and 40 pounds forward. I've never seen a Turn, I've seen one 360 as a demo seat.

The Evenflo Titan Elite isn't a great extended seat, but it should get kids above the bare minimums.

That's all I can think of right now in convertibles.

There are some combination seats that aren't good for harnessing long term. The Dorel combination seats (Summit, High Back Booster, etc.) have very low top slots and a 40 pound harness limit. Some AOEs fall in that group as well, others don't. Otherwise, most combination seats should get a child above four years, even if they only harness to 40 pounds.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Tribute has slightly lower measurements than the Scenera, but it fits kids way longer, and is much easier to install RF, and has EPS foam for head protection... http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=145438 (though this is comparing it to the Roundabout, which has top slots an inch higher than the Tribute, not the Scenera, which has top slots maybe a quarter inch higher).
Just posting this for the lurkers, since technically Wendy's right, but in reality, it's way better than the Scenera :eek::twocents:

christineka

The evenflo tribute also rfes to 35 pounds now. The old one was 30 pounds. Though, my dd rear-faced in the old, tribute until age 4 and I think that was extended rfing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC